Del the funkee homosapien!
Feb 7, 2009 at 12:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ub3rMario

500+ Head-Fier
Any opinions on what's his best album? Deltron may be included too. I really wanna get some but i don't know which to buy.

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #3 of 14
Deltron and Hieroglyphics are great. I prefer Del in collectives as opposed to solo, though; I can only stand his voice in small doses.

Feb 8, 2009 at 12:03 PM Post #4 of 14
Man i think his voice is amazing. It's freakin smooth and filled with personality.

PS: Deltron is a duo i believe, Del is the MC.

Feb 8, 2009 at 8:50 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ub3rMario /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS: Deltron is a duo i believe, Del is the MC.

Deltron 3030 is Dan the Automator, DJ Kid Koala and Del. I'm fairly certain the reason that Del's voice grates on me was hearing "If You Must" (WASH YOUR AY-ASSSS) 500 times a day on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 back in the day.

Feb 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deltron 3030 is Dan the Automator, DJ Kid Koala and Del. I'm fairly certain the reason that Del's voice grates on me was hearing "If You Must" (WASH YOUR AY-ASSSS) 500 times a day on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 back in the day.

Lol "If You Must" is my favorite song from del, and pro skater 3 is how I found out about him.

Feb 9, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #10 of 14
I loathe that song... But THPS was the **** back in the day.

@OP: You should check out Del's work with Gorillaz if you haven't already.

Feb 9, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #11 of 14
Definitely man, that's how I found Del. Gorillaz are so dynamic, I love em!

Feb 11, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #13 of 14
I guess I'll be the odd man out and say No Need for Alarm. 3030 is great, but No Need for Alarm was one of the first albums to get me interested in hip hop. Del and Hiero put on a great live show as well, definitely check it out if you get the chance.

Feb 11, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabrage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deltron and Hieroglyphics are great. I prefer Del in collectives as opposed to solo, though; I can only stand his voice in small doses.

I completely agree about his voice.

Also, it's funny how THPS does that. Man the musicians on those games caught SUCH a lucky break. somewhat of a cultural phenomenon.

Both sides of the brain has kept me entertained for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back