Defunct Thread
Apr 3, 2014 at 7:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Meetite

100+ Head-Fier
So, I really want a new mic or a headset and I have come down to the two best options for me: the Blue Spark Digital microphone and the Sennheiser PC360 headset. Now I just need help deciding between which one to get (if I get the PC360 I will also be getting the PCV 05 adapter with it for reasons which I will not state). Just to note: I currently have the sennheiser HD429 headphones. The headset and mic I wouldn't bring around, but If I get the headset I would bring my 429s around with me, while if I got the mic I would almost all the time leave my headphones at home. The microphone I can get for $180.15 while the headset with the adapter I can get for $181.55 (buying from amazon for both options). So I need your opinions because I seriously cannot decide. Also, my sound card on my computer has an output impedance of "<24 ohms", and the PC360s run at about 50 ohms, I believe, and I will not be buying a new sound card, sooooooo... Keep that in mind.

And I am not taking suggestions for other mics or headsets, I have found the two best options for me and I have spent many hours doing research, so don't vear off topic of the blue spark digital and the sennheiser PC360s. THANKS!!!

Also note: I intend to use these for gaming and recording voice audio when I am gaming.

Apr 16, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 16
The pc360 is discontinued and had an issue with the mic breaking. The new G4me One by sennheiser is on sale right now at best buy for 190 dollars, down from 240. I just bought one.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #3 of 16
The pc360 is discontinued and had an issue with the mic breaking. The new G4me One by sennheiser is on sale right now at best buy for 190 dollars, down from 240. I just bought one.

Um, 1) I said I wasn't taking suggestions. 2) the sennheiser PC360 does not have mic durability problems at all and was not discontinued... 3) you seem to have completely disregarded the microphone. 4) looking at your posts, you look like a person who is super trustworthy, I was mainly looking for a view from someone more proffesional, that is why I am on head-fi... 5) I forgot to say, I won't be buying any of these things until August. 6) you seem to have forgotten that I will e getting the headset/mic for only about $180, not the full price of $240, there is this thing called amazon.com (though they are not yet restocked with the PC360s right now, but I got until august).

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 16
Um, 1) I said I wasn't taking suggestions. 2) the sennheiser PC360 does not have mic durability problems at all and was not discontinued... 3) you seem to have completely disregarded the microphone. 4) looking at your posts, you look like a person who is super trustworthy, I was mainly looking for a view from someone more proffesional, that is why I am on head-fi... 5) I forgot to say, I won't be buying any of these things until August. 6) you seem to have forgotten that I will e getting the headset/mic for only about $180, not the full price of $240, there is this thing called amazon.com (though they are not yet restocked with the PC360s right now, but I got until august).

Actually... Upon further research it turns out that it was discontinued, so, sorry about that... I guess the mic it is then, thank you for informing me

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:44 AM Post #5 of 16

Actually... Upon further research it turns out that it was discontinued, so, sorry about that... I guess the mic it is then, thank you for informing me
I didn't mean to suggest a "different" headphone. From all reviews, and it's specifications, the G4ME One is the new Pc360 albeit in a different color and with an improved cord. I may be new, but I have read over 100 hours worth of reviews, forums and writeups. I even take the time to translate other languages for reviews. I was in the same boat as you. I went looking for the pc360 and couldn't find any for a reasonable price. I called Sennheiser and they told me the G4ME One is the replacement for it. BTW, no need for your rude attitude. I doubt you will get much help being a dick

Apr 17, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #6 of 16
I didn't mean to suggest a "different" headphone. From all reviews, and it's specifications, the G4ME One is the new Pc360 albeit in a different color and with an improved cord. I may be new, but I have read over 100 hours worth of reviews, forums and writeups. I even take the time to translate other languages for reviews. I was in the same boat as you. I went looking for the pc360 and couldn't find any for a reasonable price. I called Sennheiser and they told me the G4ME One is the replacement for it. BTW, no need for your rude attitude. I doubt you will get much help being a dick

Wow, calm down bro, I realized my error, but still, it probably won't still be on sale by august, and either way, every time I look at it, the more I think it will just go with the mic. But seriously, calm down, just because I did a tiny bit of bad mouthing (which I now realize to be not really all that true, the things I said) doesn't mean you can go flippin' ****s on people like it's nobody's business. Oh, and one last thing, the G4ME one is not the replacement for it, the G4ME one came out quite a while before the PC360s were discontinued. But, as I said, thank you for informing me.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 16

Wow, calm down bro, I realized my error, but still, it probably won't still be on sale by august, and either way, every time I look at it, the more I think it will just go with the mic. But seriously, calm down, just because I did a tiny bit of bad mouthing (which I now realize to be not really all that true, the things I said) doesn't mean you can go flippin' ****s on people like it's nobody's business. Oh, and one last thing, the G4ME one is not the replacement for it, the G4ME one came out quite a while before the PC360s were discontinued. But, as I said, thank you for informing me.
wrong again. Sennheiser discontinued the pc360 in January of 2013. The G4ME One were announced in November of 2013 and we're released just in time for Christmas. They are the replacement, would you care for Sennheiser's phone number to verify?

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #8 of 16
wrong again. Sennheiser discontinued the pc360 in January of 2013. The G4ME One were announced in November of 2013 and we're released just in time for Christmas. They are the replacement, would you care for Sennheiser's phone number to verify?

Really? We'll nvm then, I wish someone would have told me bout this a lot earlier... I wonder why sennheiser didn't take the pc360 off their website... Well, whatever. We (or at least I) can't keep dragging on about this, but if the g4me one or zero go on sail for enough off in or around august I will start paying attention to this thread again, so if it does, please inform me.

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 16

Really? We'll nvm then, I wish someone would have told me bout this a lot earlier... I wonder why sennheiser didn't take the pc360 off their website... Well, whatever. We (or at least I) can't keep dragging on about this, but if the g4me one or zero go on sail for enough off in or around august I will start paying attention to this thread again, so if it does, please inform me.
will do. I will even message you if you want as I track prices all the time.

Apr 18, 2014 at 6:29 AM Post #10 of 16
Wow Petesbird you have amazing patience! Meetite you truely have no forum etiquette and are rude and very wrong. Your lucky people like petesbird even take time to help you even after your very expert "dick" as described by Petesbird. Sorry had to be said!
If you care I am using the audio technica ath-adg1 and I find them better than the G4Me. I mainly play bf4 and dayz.

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #11 of 16
will do. I will even message you if you want as I track prices all the time.

Nah, don't worry too much about it,
frankly i made this thread way too short notice since i essentially have a deadline to pick and buy this stuff since im leaving the country in a little more than a week sooooooooo.....

Jul 30, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #12 of 16
I have done a bit of research and found that the Sennheiser hd 558s and hd 598s both run on the same drivers and just have different soundstage and feel (also the hd 558s have slightly better bass which, though i am not very big about bass, i like to have it now and then) so i am eliminating the HD 598s from the list

Oct 29, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #14 of 16
Was looking for a gaming headset (HyperX cloud 2 or Siberia Elite)

But after some research and listening to opinions, getting a headphone and adding a mic is much better sound quality wise.

If you want a decent mic search modmic 4.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back