Defunct Sennheiser headset (w mike) and adapter for cable? (help needed!)
Feb 5, 2010 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

DefectiveAudioComponent

Headphoneus Supremus
This defunct Sennheiser headset was salvaged from the garbage bin (and imminent destruction) at the old premises of BBC Glasgow, Queen Margaret Drive when they moved to the new glass palace.

These are intended to be used in a brand new studio. Does anyone know how good the microphone is? As you can see, the plug will not fit a standard 1/4". Does anyone know what adapter will be needed for it, to allow both for the microphone input and the headphone output?

dsc2408i.jpg

Feb 6, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 3
maybe a few more pics. it looks like the headsets in my office that hook up to our phones via custom connectors

Feb 6, 2010 at 10:14 AM Post #3 of 3
It looks like an HMD 25-1.

The mic. is a dynamic slant super-cardioid and is normally used by sports commentators.

The grey box in the cable is not part of the headphones - this leads me to suspect it is a Canford Audio modification that limits the headphones level (the BBC often do this to headphones).

If the headset is in perfect working order you can easily cut the cable short (cut the box off) and put normal connectors on (Neutrik XLR-3M and jack) or get a replacement cable (but you'll still have to put connectors on as the cable is open-ended).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back