Deftones fans?
Jan 10, 2010 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
Dusted off and listened to Adrenaline in its entirety today.

What a monster album; one of my favaorite albums of the 90's and possibly on my top ten metal albums of all time.

Any other classics from the 90's that I should look into that has that same hard, yet melodic edge to it?

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 16
Adrenaline was a fantastic record. I remember after listening to that for months on end, getting 'Around the Fur' for Christmas. I couldn't believe how good it was; basically a flawless record! (although if there was a weak link, it was track #5 "Rickets". And for that song to be a weak link just shows how good the record really is).

All hail the Deftones!

Jan 11, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 16
Big fan of B-sides and Rarities.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:16 AM Post #6 of 16
Considering how not into the rest of that scene I am, I really really love The Deftones. Especially the first three albums, Adrenaline, Around the Fur, and White Pony.

I don't really know anything else like that -- have you checked out Devin Townsend? That's the only thing that comes to mind.

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:57 AM Post #7 of 16
Passenger has to be one of my favorite songs of all time, still mad I missed my chance to see them when they canceled out due to sickness
frown.gif
. I can't really think of any other records that come close to what your talking about though.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:55 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark50521 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Passenger has to be one of my favorite songs of all time, still mad I missed my chance to see them when they canceled out due to sickness
frown.gif
. I can't really think of any other records that come close to what your talking about though.

This song stands out as one of the few rock / metal duos where the two singers not only compliment each other very well despite their individual styles, but are equals in terms of vocal skill (on this track). Unlike "Bender" on Sevendust's 'Home' record, where Chino's voice seems rather weak to me when put next to Lajon's. Still a good song though.

My opinion of course; perhaps yours differs
ksc75smile.gif

Jan 13, 2010 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 16
I think its a testament to their musical prowess and originality that its this difficult to find another band to compare them to.

All fans should really check out Team Sleep as well.

Jan 14, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #10 of 16
Big big deftones fan. Adrenaline and White Poney got me through high school. Still love this band to this day.

I have the Team Sleep album. Took em forever to put it out but its really good. Completely different direction than Deftones.

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #14 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by brunorod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys like Chino Moreno's side project Team Sleep?
biggrin.gif

yeah, but the demo's that were leaked were way way way better than what ended up being the final production album.

as far as Deftones go...I've given up on them since White Pony. I'm sick of Chino singing through a megaphone.

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #15 of 16
any one interested in that new deftones album that's coming out in may
| Deftones.com

"Deftones is proud to announce the title and release date of the brand new record. Diamond Eyes will be available everywhere May 18. The first track to be released is called “Rocket Skates”, and will be available for free download at deftones.com next Tuesday, February 23. Head over to Deftones Myspace right now for a sneak preview."

I hope it better then Saturday night wrist

Users who are viewing this thread

Back