define "cracking" on Super.fi 5 pro - pics?
Jan 2, 2007 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

OpusRob

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, I have just noticed that the seam between the two parts of my super.fi housing is separating. The housing itself is not broken, but the two pieces are coming apart from each other. Is this the cracking everyone has spoken of, or did the actual housings themselves break or crack? I want to know if I am going to have to send it back but I don't want to assume that what I am experiencing is enough to warrant a return. Also, are they still asking to have all of the pieces returned, and are they still sending out inferior pack-ins such as the case and non-matching cables?

BTW, I made a good-faith effort to search the forums to find greater details on this subject, but couldn't pinpoint the details regarding the type of crack. If it is in fact there, I apologize for missing it.

Jan 2, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 8
This is the cracking... along the seam of the two halves.

Personally I live in Canada and I ordered from the States so I couldn't deal with the hassle of RMAing so I just fixed it myself.

Superglued the seam and it's been going strong for over a year now.

Jan 2, 2007 at 4:56 AM Post #3 of 8
The actual housing cracked on mine, the solid part.

Jan 2, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 8
People have had this problem with their UE Super.fi's, but from what I gather on the forums, they are very forgiving with their warranty and will replace/repair your problem.

People report cracking with some models, which is a literal crack. Someone posted a pic of their cracked UE Super.Fi 5 pro a yesterday. A clear crack.
earphone.jpg

But UE customer service is exemplary from personal experience. Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:19 AM Post #5 of 8
Mine cracked for the second time, so I threw them somewhere and recently I found them on my office desk with the wires tangled around all over the pencils/pens in the cup.

I'm done with UE as far as i care.

Jan 2, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #7 of 8
UE admitted they used bad plastic that couldn't take much pressure from it being put into people's ears, and somehow the old case was an issue too.

They never really fixed it until very recently because it appears they liquidated all the old ones and have new packaging for the new updated versions.

And yes, I RMA'd my first pair telling them exactly what the problem was and they gave me a new pair with hairline cracks already forming
rolleyes.gif

Jan 17, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #8 of 8
Does this happen with the EB as well, or just the Pros?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back