Defective HD800?
Aug 4, 2009 at 5:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

DC5Zilla

500+ Head-Fier
I think I need some help here... I've just received a brand new HD800 from a brown truck this morning. Unfortunately, I can't hook it up to my amp because I'm still awaiting a balanced cable from apuresound so I've decided to go local radio shack and get stereo to mono jack adapter(THIS IS JUST FOR TEMPORARY!!). I played the HD800 via straight to PC using adapter and happened to found out that the right driver of HD800 is not working... no music playing at all. I thought about my PC being defective instead and so I decided to hook HD800 on sony D-NE20 PCP next. The right-side driver didn't work again. Whats going on with this? Perhaps maybe the temporary radio shack adapter is the foe here? But how can only the right side doesn't work? I'm pretty sure I'm connecting them 100% full.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can shed me a light. The last thing I would want is that my brand spanking new HD800 is in fact defective
frown.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #2 of 18
Did you buy the right adapter? There should be 3 metallic surfaces on the plug. You said you bought a mono adapter. (2 metallic surfaces). That basically means you're only going to get sound on one side. Go buy a stereo adapter.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 18
You bought a stereo to mono plug adapter and you're surprised that you're now only getting mono sound? One channel is what "mono" means.

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #6 of 18
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!!! Thanks guys!! Gonna run right back to radio shack lol.

OMG I'm so stupid... I guess I was too excited about hooking HD800...
redface.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 5:54 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about changing the thread title from Defective HD800 to Defective HD800 User
tongue.gif

LOL that's a good one. Poor mate, just overexcited with his new HD800
biggrin.gif
Get the adapter right and enjoy them
wink.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by pearljam5000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you like the sound from the one driver that did work? (;

Hehe! yah, some impressions please
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 8:53 PM Post #13 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You bought a stereo to mono plug adapter and you're surprised that you're now only getting mono sound? One channel is what "mono" means.

LOL. I was going to say.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xenithon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about changing the thread title from Defective HD800 to Defective HD800 User
tongue.gif

k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back