Default setting of the Ultra Desktop DAC
Oct 19, 2009 at 3:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jalo

Headphoneus Supremus
I have the BUDA+UDAC+DPS setup. I noticed that every time when I start up the system, the UDAC default setting is always set to USB, 44.1kHZ regardless of what one was using in the previous session or whether the system is set up with optical connection. I wonder why is this? and is there a way to keep the setting to default to my present setup so I don't have to manually select the connection each time before it will play. Thanks.

Oct 22, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the BUDA+UDAC+DPS setup. I noticed that every time when I start up the system, the UDAC default setting is always set to USB, 44.1kHZ regardless of what one was using in the previous session or whether the system is set up with optical connection. I wonder why is this? and is there a way to keep the setting to default to my present setup so I don't have to manually select the connection each time before it will play. Thanks.

Hi There Jalo,

Due to the topology design of the Sabre DAC employed in the HeadRoom Ultra DAC, the unit re-sets to the USB setting as standard 'default'. You'll have to push the optical input button on the front panel each time
redface.gif

Please feel free to reply if any further questions!

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Oct 22, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by JorgeC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi There Jalo,

Due to the topology design of the Sabre DAC employed in the HeadRoom Ultra DAC, the unit re-sets to the USB setting as standard 'default'. You'll have to push the optical input button on the front panel each time
redface.gif

I wonder why it would be like that? It's as though the designers are assuming that the user will be using USB as the digital source feed. Is that some indirect endorsement of USB as source?
confused_face_2.gif

My Wadia iTransport (I highly recommend this one for HeadRoom's stock) behaves similarly, in that the default setting is digital out and this is the setting used each time you dock your iPod. If you wish to use the analog out, then you have to switch to it each time you dock the ipod. Before I had my Ultra Micro DAC at work, I had to switch to analog each time.

Oct 22, 2009 at 9:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by aimlink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder why it would be like that? It's as though the designers are assuming that the user will be using USB as the digital source feed. Is that some indirect endorsement of USB as source?
confused_face_2.gif

My Wadia iTransport (I highly recommend this one for HeadRoom's stock) behaves similarly, in that the default setting is digital out and this is the setting used each time you dock your iPod. If you wish to use the analog out, then you have to switch to it each time you dock the ipod. Before I had my Ultra Micro DAC at work, I had to switch to analog each time.

Hi,

We have tried to bring the Wadia iTransport aboard at HeadRoom (we luv it!) but the product is "locked" exclusively ... we'll keep trying though!
confused.gif

Cheers,
Jorge
HR Sales/Product Manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Back