def leppard remasters?
Feb 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jallen89

100+ Head-Fier
hi,

I've recently discovered "Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection" and i want to get all their albums. which remasters should i get? or just get all the original cd releases? i couldn't find any box set.

thanks for all the help,
Jesse

Mar 1, 2012 at 12:15 AM Post #5 of 10
I'd  steer clear of the "Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection" because it was released in 2005. This means it more than likely has been remastered with compression/loudness and made over bright.

I own Pyromania and Hysteria both on MFSL CD and old standard CDs (Vertigo made in Germany, no mention of remastering)
Both versions have original dynamics which is good. The MFSL CDs sound more analogue so on a good system speakers they sound really nice and crankable.
The standard CDs sound a bit sharper with that digital edge to it so not as nice loud.
I prefer the MFSL versions. So I guess it depends on the type of sound you prefer, natural or over sharpened.
But if you like compressed over bright versions then get the 2005 Rock of Ages.

Mar 2, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #6 of 10
i really enjoyed the rock of ages comp. i loved the drum kicks and the instrumental separation. especially after buying bon jovi's "bounce!"
the bon jovi album has no dynamic range at all. one of the worst albums i have :frowning2:

Mar 2, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
i really enjoyed the rock of ages comp.

x2

Sounds pretty decent to me, especially going back to Def Leppard after many years away.

Mar 9, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #8 of 10
i just heard the mfsl release of Adrenalize and it is amazing! instruments are so separated and just sounds so much nicer. even my untrained ears can hear the difference :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back