Deerhunter - Modern Psych-Rock Genius
Jun 28, 2009 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

falang

100+ Head-Fier
YouTube - Deerhunter - Nothing Ever Happened

I'm sure a lot of you musically obsessed members know and are believers in these guys.

However, for all those uninitiated with the hunters of deer, and those who like to listen to music while tweaked, or perhaps armed with a conscious a bit skewed - send me a pm, when you recognize the genius of this song!

Sheer hawking/darwin/newton. A trip you won't forget.

Enjoy.

Jun 28, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Callous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deerhunter is amazing. Also... their live performances are mesmerizing, to say the least.

Callous knows.
wink_face.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #5 of 8
While decidely a little bit more 'poppy' than the psych or stoner rock that I prefer (re: Brian Jonestown Massacre, Black Mountain, Queens of the Stone Age/Desert Sessions) I did not mind that song. Will pick up the album. Thanks!

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 8
Signal2Noise...he's got it.

Alright, next up:

YouTube - P.S. Film School

Great track.

Their self-titled album, Film School, is more fluid and memorable than the EP that contains the track above.

But that youtube track listed above may be my personal favourite psych-song of recent memory, especially the wall of goodness that hits around the 3:45 mark.

Party on gentlemen.

Jun 28, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #8 of 8
Disagree about the vocal style. I love deerhunter. Their newest album was also a gateway to their older stuff for me. I also really love the Weird Era Contd second disc of microcastle. I think that they are b-sides but they are just fantastic.

Also, Visiter was probably my favorite album of last year. Have you heard Sunset Rubdown or Wolf Parade? They are not the same genre at all, but sort of in the same experimental vein.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back