Deep, rumbling, and most importantly clean bass!
Jan 16, 2014 at 2:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MiloD

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone! Just a bit of a basshead here. I was just wondering something for my next purchase; What's the cleanest, deepest bass I could buy for around or below $550?

Now then, a little background on myself and the music I listen to. I mainly listen to the likes of Eskmo, Solar Fields, and other weird electronic stuff. Although, I will listen to many other genres, I prefer my electronic music! I'd prefer the bass to be a little forward, too. Doesn't have to be super loud, just enough that I can enjoy those really deep notes.

Now, of course, I will enjoy having the rest of the spectrum of good quality, too. I have quite sensitive ears, though, so I'd like the treble to be a little relaxed if possible, and I don't care much for vocals. I prefer my instrumentals!

I would really prefer said product to be available on Amazon, as that's where the money is right now, and in new condition. Oh, and I don't really care if it's an IEM, on-ear or over-ear; I just want the best performers! I would prefer it to be easy to drive, though.

Thanks for any and all help with my purchase!

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #2 of 7
I've definitely not tried all the bassy stuff around the 500 dollar price point, but i can definitely say that Aurisonics ASG-2 are quite good in ear monitors with the potential for very big bass that are also quite good. Vmoda m100 are 300 dollar basshead headphones that are also not bad for their price point. Of course those are more tuned towards a portable market and maybe not quite what your looking for.

my just 2 cent tho 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 7
  I've definitely not tried all the bassy stuff around the 500 dollar price point, but i can definitely say that Aurisonics ASG-2 are quite good in ear monitors with the potential for very big bass that are also quite good. Vmoda m100 are 300 dollar basshead headphones that are also not bad for their price point. Of course those are more tuned towards a portable market and maybe not quite what your looking for.

my just 2 cent tho 
smily_headphones1.gif

Those Aurisonics are definitely new ones that I've never heard of before! I'll look into them a little bit. Interesting looking IEMs, though! I do enjoy the fit on my Shure SE315s, but alas, the 315s seem to be a little lacking in the sub-bass department. Thanks for the recommendation!
(Also, those M100s do look spiffy, but I've heard some bad stuff about 'em.)

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 7
the aurisonics have SUPREME fit. SUPREME.

im, not a basshead, so i probably wouldnt appreciate the m100 in the way you do. I find it to be a nice headphone, but very forward and aggressive sounding. A bit too much for me that i dont particularly like it too much. But that's really just preference.

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #5 of 7
So these things are able to adjust their sound sig.? Seems like the perfect jack of all trades to me! That and an amazing fit... I might be sold already if something else doesn't pop up here that's better! Again, thanks for that!

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #6 of 7
well i wouldnt say adjust sound sig. Its more like they go from a generous amount of bass to "holy **** im going deaf turn down the bass" level of bass. So theyre still on the bassy side for sure.

but theyre quite good 
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 7
Wow, I'm gonna wait JUST a little bit before jumping on these, because they literally sound PERFECT for me... Just giving it that time to get over the "Oh, new thing! Gottabuynow!!!" kinda thing, you know? But it's tempting...

If nothing else pops up, I'm ordering them tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back