Deep bass without broken legs
Oct 16, 2007 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

b0dhi

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm planning on getting the iAudio 7 to use while biking. Because I need to hear the cars that are swirving at me trying to kill me (I ride like I own the road - both lanes), so I need earbuds that don't block out noise. But I also crave deep bass. It doesn't have to be bloated bass, but definitely deep and with enough power. They will not be amped (except by the iAudio).

Can anyone lend some expertise?

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 9
the noise from the wind will not allow that you hear much of quality so you might as well not worry about headphones at all.

Oct 16, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 9
if it were me I'd take some street style headphone that could afford to take some abuse, yet provides decent bass and is open. First things that come to my head are the sennheiser 100s or ksc 75

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:06 PM Post #5 of 9
For some reason earbuds have an awesome soundstage to my ears (weird, I know), otherwise I would shoot straight for some cheap sports style headphones.

So I guess getting deep bass is not gonna happen. Could you tell me which earbuds would have the best overall sound quality without a deficiency in the bass, then?

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:13 PM Post #7 of 9
KSC75?? LOL

Just use PortaPro. Deep bass. Guaranteed.

Oct 16, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #8 of 9
It was leaning toward the PK2...but I've heard they have less bass than the PK3, which itself has very little deep bass. *sigh* I've done college math exams easier than this.

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #9 of 9
Thanks for the help folks, I've "splurged" on some PK3s
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back