Dedicated Power line for amps.
Feb 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #16 of 20
I have a dedicated 20 amp circuit (40' JPS Labs Power AC+) w/a Power Conditioner for A/V & a PS Audio Ultimate Outlet for HP gear/Bedside Rig.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Feb 22, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #18 of 20
Unfortunately I do not have the space in my home for a dedicated music listening room. So my hi-fi shares the family room with...well...my family
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2009 at 3:31 PM Post #19 of 20
I am late to this discussion (and new to the headphone obsession) and have been poking around with the search function to answer a power question. I do not have a dedicated power line for my Audio-gd Compass (not practical at this time), but I do have access to an APC Line-R 1200VA Automatic Voltage Regulator. Would this be useful to have in-line for the Compass, or would I be creating more problems (coloration, other effects?)

My basic setup is Apple iMac > Compass > Denon AH-D2000

Jul 2, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unfortunately I do not have the space in my home for a dedicated music listening room. So my hi-fi shares the family room with...well...my family
wink.gif

Ditto, Skylab. I've long known the axiom that the most important component in a stereo system is the speakers, while the second most important is the room. One of the reasons I got more involved in headphone listening is that my listening room/living room is limited by furniture layout and other factors that can't be changed. I would love to listen to my system in a dedicated room. Headphones take out the room variable to a large extent.

I have a combination home theater/stereo system. I have 3 dedicated lines running out of a sub panel. One line is for the 2 channel amp (Pass labs) only and the others are for analogue and digital equipment. The lines and a good ground lead to tighter sound and a much blacker background. My headphone amp uses the analogue line. I've never tried disconnecting my power amp and using the headphone amp on it's own line, maybe I'll try that one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back