Decware Taboo x ZMF Caldera, a good match? impressions?
Apr 8, 2023 at 8:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

bobelton

New Head-Fier
I tried the Calderas at CanJam NYC and loved them. And I've been reading up on the Taboo online. But it never dawned on me to pair the two and give them a whirl while I was at CanJam. Anyone had a chance to listen to the Calderas on the Decware Taboo and able to share their impressions? The waitlist for all things Decware is insane, but I'm considering getting on that list for the Taboo and I'm pretty sure my next headphones are going to be the Calderas, so I want to see what others who have actually experienced them think.

Apr 8, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #2 of 2
Hello,

I would ask Zmf, as they have also developed the Csp3 in their own way.
They will probably have the better references.

But there are videos of other Zmf headphones being used with it.

The Caldera is quite new, there will probably be a handful of people who own them and it would all be a bit random if someone had both.

Depending on how long the waiting list is at Decware, in 12-16 months the market will have turned around.
And there will be new toys again.
I'm thinking about a Csp 3 myself but won't wait that long.

It looks like these small manufacturers could assemble things sooner if the availability of parts wasn't so long.
That's one of their main problems I guess.

If you are looking for alternatives, the Cayin Ha 3A would be a good option.
Personally speaking, planar headphones are usually another notch better on hybrid amps.
The Audio Technica looks solid on paper, and there's one from the German manufacturer Vincent that doesn't look wedged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back