Decware speaker DM944 - any opinions?
Mar 6, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Those look great! I can tell you ribbon tweeters are amazing!

I think you should buy them.
biggrin.gif

edit: they seem affordable and have a 5 year warrenty!

Mar 6, 2006 at 6:29 AM Post #3 of 5
on second thought you should read this review(download in pdf), and buy some r6a's
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 6, 2006 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks familyman,
I have not really considered active speakers up till now but I might and the Rubicon R6a's look as quite a deal. What I like about the Decware speakers is that the crossover is quite high at 8 kHz, with a single driver handling frequencies of most instruments and human voice. I read someplace that using a crossover introduces the problem of time and phase incoherence and would like to find a speaker as much time-coherent as possible.

Mar 6, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by hebrer
Thanks familyman,
I have not really considered active speakers up till now but I might and the Rubicon R6a's look as quite a deal. What I like about the Decware speakers is that the crossover is quite high at 8 kHz, with a single driver handling frequencies of most instruments and human voice. I read someplace that using a crossover introduces the problem of time and phase incoherence and would like to find a speaker as much time-coherent as possible.

From Ribicon r6a owners manual:"active crossover utilizing multi-pole design for linear response from bottom to top."

"The monitors crossover has been carefully designed with high quility componants insuring a linear frequency and phase response."

"Crossover frequency: 3khz, 4 pole(24db/oct) filter"

Also my "Girlfriend is going to kill me..." thread has a lot of info on the r6a's also.
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back