Decoupage Headphones???
Aug 18, 2012 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Spidey81

New Head-Fier
Hello All,

First post. I came across this and it's what I want to do to my new cans : http://www.etsy.com/listing/85254802/custom-comic-headphones.  I believe the person used modpodge or decoupaged the pages onto the headphones. It looks like they didn't overlap different cut outs so there is no issue with being uneven.  I'm not sure if this technique would work out well or using modelling decal sealer would work better. I believe there is a product for modelling where you can print out an image and brush something over it to adhere to a model car and what not. Essentially Modpodge is 50% water and glue mixture.  I have read previous hobby and craft projects where people say they lightly sand the piece after each coat of modpodge to get it smooth and uniform.

I received the MonoPrice 8323's in the mail today after taking advantage of the 25% off sale and snagging them for 17 dollars. I'd just like to show some comicbook love to them. I noticed over at the custom cans website, in their portfolio they have some cans with Red Hulk on them. I'm not sure if they free handed it or applied it as a decal.

What are your thoughts, Ladies and Gents?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back