Declining trick-or-treaters?
Nov 1, 2002 at 11:26 PM Post #31 of 35
In the past 3 1/2 years there's been two people stabbed to death very near my office......one was an employee of mine at the time of his death, the other died on the sidewalk 30 feet from my front door.....I have to pretend.
frown.gif

Nov 1, 2002 at 11:34 PM Post #32 of 35
I hear you, Mike. I think these kinds of events make the more "conscientious" parents a lot more careful these days. Shoot, it sounds so trite, but I really remember the days when people really could leave their doors unlocked and the neighbors would just knock a couple of times and come on in.

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:00 AM Post #34 of 35
Well, just for the heck of it I went trick or treating with some friends (one a fellow sophomore, another a freshman, and the third is in 7th grade, believe it or not - and guess which one has the A+ hardware certification), and we got a fairly good ratio of candy/(none/not home/"Don't you poor souls know that celebrating Halloween will consign your souls to Satan?"). We also met quite a few really pesky, annoying little buggers trick-or-treating with us, but I guess that's the neighborhood.

The highlight of the evening was going down to Bill Gates' and getting full-size candy bars
biggrin.gif
(yes, we live close enough that it's a three minute drive)

I did kind of regret not doing our tradiditonal act in the front yard - but schoolwork meant the rugrats had to contend with just my mom dressed up a la Elvira. Oh well
rolleyes.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 2:25 AM Post #35 of 35
Apparently there was something going on on campus for the neighborhood kiddies yesterday. I got out of class and was mobbed. I had to toss a few to get where I was going.

Did anyone else notice a distrubing number of Harry Potters this Halloween? And how 'bout the little freaks who are just little freaks. Like this one kid, probably about twelve or so, who used Halloween as an excuse to cross-dress. You're supposed to pretend on Halloween, not use it to express your sexual identity! Kids these days ...

kerely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back