Decisions decisions!!
Mar 28, 2015 at 4:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GazBaz

New Head-Fier
Hi

I have a very good headache. I have got around £250 of Amazon vouchers to use on a new set of headphones :)

I have been looking around on this forum and think I have whittled it down to three options. Either the sennheiser hd650, beyerdynamic dt880 or Philips fidelo x2.

I currently own a set of Yamaha Pro 500 which I still love running off a fiio e17. I listen to mainly indie rock and hip hop so am a bit of a basshead.

Any thoughts on which one would be best suited or any other cans would be of great help making a decision :)

Thanks

Mar 29, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #2 of 7
If you are a basshead then you'll want to avoid Beyerdynamic's DT880 as these are very neutral headphones. The Sennheiser HD650s are warm and coloured so mught be a slighly better choice or you could try the DT990s as they have a V shaped frequency response (more bass/treble). None of these has anything like the bass levels of Monster Beats of course.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 7
Thanks guys, when I say I'm a basshead I mean I like it to kick certainly not beats though!!!Like I said my Yamaha's give me plenty of that and love them. Wanted something different but not completely lacking bass.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 7
I recently owned the DT 880. Definitely take that off your list. In addition to lacking strong bass, it sounds very smooth, gentle, and polite, despite having a slight treble peak.

Another headphone to consider is the JVC HA-SZ2000, which is known in some circles as the ultimate bass headphone, particularly in terms of impact. It more or less has a woofer and tweeter on both sides, like speakers! Most people who buy it boost the bass with EQ, so it can still be used for any genre, but using a parametric equalizer to tweak the sound to your liking would get the best out of it.

Mar 29, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #6 of 7
From your selection of three I have owned two and listened to the X1, since you like a bit of bass slam, the DT880 are out, as @Music Alchemist already said. The 650 are good in the bass area but the X2 are from what I hear improved X1s and hence have even more bass than the 650, but are not a bass head can. I would go for them.

Cheers,
K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back