Decisions, decisions!
Feb 25, 2006 at 11:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Vector

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I need a little help here. I have a budget of somewhere between $1500 and $2200 for a headphone amp. Firstly, I would like something with an onboard DAC. Basically, I have narrowed the field down to two pieces of gear...the Grace Designs m902 and the HeadRoom Home Amp. Now, the amp will be utilized by driving HD650s, K240s, and K340s. My personal taste is a little laid back. In my big rig (home stereo) I have Tannoy Studio Monitors powered by 845 SET amps (sometimes vintage Western Electric 91As with 300Bs) and my primary source is vinyl. I also have a very nice digital setup that rivals my Linn LP12. This is just a clue to my listening style. My musical tastes are very eclectic, but mostly jazz (not smooth..smooth jazz must die!) or acoustical tunes are what gets my motor running. I'm also very open to suggestions. Again, remember my budget...don't go over. Thanks in advance.

-chris

Feb 25, 2006 at 12:46 PM Post #2 of 2
hi, chris,

Have you heard Lavry Black DA10?
This is an outstanding all in one DAC. Do a quite search here, you could fine some more useful informations.

Someone would recommend the amp for you. I think my current EarMax Pro won't fit your musical tastes.

Edison

Users who are viewing this thread

Back