Decision Time: Vibes, M5, or SuperFi 5 EB?
Jul 2, 2008 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

trancenweather

New Head-Fier
Final thread before my purchase...sorry for the others. From what I've read, for trance music (bass-heavy), 3 of the best are:

- V-Moda Vibes
- Atrios M5
- UE Super Fi 5 EB (EB = Extended Bass)

I was set on the Vibes, until I read many complaints about build quality (wires, earbuds shorting out) and about sub-par highs. Also reading that the Vibes' added bass can muddy the sound if turned up.

I'm considering spending the extra $75 or so for the M5 or 5 EB. Do you have experience comparing at least two of these? I've read the long Vibe thread. What are your thoughts, for listening to trance music on these? Thanks a bunch.

Jul 2, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #2 of 8
Atrio's, for sure. It'd be ridiculous for you to get the other two, considering how much negative feedback you received regarding the other two.

Jul 3, 2008 at 10:31 PM Post #3 of 8
I haven't heard anything bad about the UE Super Fi 5 EBs. Have you? From what I've read, they seem to be the V-Moda Vibes, but with clearer midrange and highs. Though some of those reviews make me wonder if the reviewer burned in the Vibes properly.

Anyone's thoughts on the Vibes versus the UE Super Fi 5 EB?

Jul 3, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #4 of 8
I would go with the EBs but keep in mind they have an awkward shape so getting a good fit is like a personal thing.. In that case M5 might be your best bet. But considering the price soundearphones is offering on the EB I would rather jump on them...

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 8
I just so happen to have owned all 3 pair of the earphones you have in question. The Vibes where definitely the worse of the 3, I found the bass lacking and they developed a short in the right channel after a few months of use. The M5's are good all around canal phones and you really can't go wrong with them. I ultimately settled on the SuperFi EB's because I discovered my inner basshead. They do everything the M5's do with the bonus of MUCH deeper bass. I think the M5's may be more accurate from a sonic stand point but the bass in the EB's make them much more fun. Just my 2 cent's!
wink.gif

Jul 4, 2008 at 10:31 AM Post #7 of 8
Agree with skyles completely! I believe everyone views about the atrios and most likely they are more accurate than the EBs but as much as some abhor the phrase "fun factor", it really does matter that one has a smile and wow factor after listening to IEM's. The Superfi 5eb does this for me!

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #8 of 8
If you place value in midrange and treble, you'd want to stay away from the 5EB, simply because the bass overwhelms everything. I'm already finding this problem with the Atrio with certain songs (lack of detail, due to the bass definition), but definitely to a lesser degree than with the 5EB's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back