Decision time: How should I destroy my wallet?
Oct 30, 2008 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eddavatar

New Head-Fier
Alright, new user here. Been lurking for a while. I guess I should leadoff with my history first.

I've started using IEMs for about 5 years. I started with a pair of E2C out of curiosity but I returned it for a pair of E3C when I found a deal a week after I got the E2Cs. Been happy with it but I wanted more trebles due to my listening habits (classical, jazz, female vocal)

Eventually, I got a friend into the dark side and sold my E3c. I've took interest in a pair of SF5P and was in love with it. I also tried a friend's SF3S and I like it a lot too.

I was quite content with it until a day come when I walked into a local box store and found a pair of e500 for extremely cheap price. I couldnt resist the 3 drivers and took the plunge. Been ok with it, but I still miss the clarity that UE provides. I tried a pair of TF10P from a friend and I liked it quite a bit.

So now, I just got another friend into the dark side and he liked my e500. Now I've a dilemma:

1) Take the TF10P and be happy with it, or

since I'm a wireless addict...

2) Buy the Senn MXW1 or
3) Buy the SA SA6/W1 bundle

I would really consider 2) or 3), but I'm not sure how much I would like the sound signature of either. And there has been a total lack of review of the MXW1 so I'm not quite sure how it sounds.

So here's my dilemma, what do you all think?

Oct 30, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #2 of 5
forget about the wireless option. imho, SA6 is in another league, inferior to TF10P.

while u are at it, burn your pants too haha
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
forget about the wireless option. imho, SA6 is in another league, inferior to TF10P.

while u are at it, burn your pants too haha
smily_headphones1.gif

That's what I figured, too. But I'm just surprised at the lack of information of the MXW1. Has anyone own a pair? It looks fabulous.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:04 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not true, in fact I will rate the SA6 higher than the TF10 solely on the better fit.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not true, in fact I will rate the SA6 higher than the TF10 solely on the better fit.

I'm not actually taht concerned about the fit issue since my old SF5P fit just fine with the stock double flanges. The real question is, how well does the SA6 seperate different sounds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back