Decision-Time (Gift Card Dillemma)
Dec 27, 2005 at 9:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

carsncars

100+ Head-Fier
So, I've got about 450USD in online gift cards. How should I spend 'em? Help me out here...
  1. Toshiba Gigabeat F20
  2. iRiver H10 (5Gb)
  3. Creative Zen Micro Photo
  4. Samsung Yepp YP-T8Z
  5. Canon Powershot S70
  6. Nintendo DS

Now, here's where it gets complicated. I already have an equivalent of each of these gadgets. List follows...
  1. iPod 5G 60Gb
  2. iPod Nano 4Gb
  3. Sony NW-HD5
  4. Sony NW-A1000
  5. Sony NW-A608
  6. Archos Gmini400
  7. Canon Digital Rebel XT
  8. Sony DSC-W5
  9. Sony PSP

So, what shall I indulge on? Headphones are out, and I'm not planning on gifting whatever I buy. All for me.
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 9
You already have several ways to play music. Although you also already have a camera, it's not one you can take with you all the time. I say go Powershot. *

[size=xx-small]* Though depending on where the gift cards are from there are plenty of non-electronics to consider. Books? Clothes?[/size]

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 9
i agree with the above.

get something besides portable-music related.

upgrade your PC, a nice portable camera, nintendo DS, clothes, books, stuff for your car, etc.

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #5 of 9
Do you have enough 1 and 2G memory sticks for your PSP?? Also, you need a case for your i-pod and a docking station.

Dec 27, 2005 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 9
I do have a compact camera... the Sony DSC-W5. And I do have a couple 1Gb memory sticks for the PSP. I would go for the RAM in an instant, but the website the gift card is for doesn't sell DDR2 notebook RAM. Got cases for my iPod...

I'm leaning towards the Powershot or Nintendo DS, though. Very true... I only have two ears.
wink.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:02 PM Post #7 of 9
pff, it's hard to make a good choice!
why not buy a headphone(this is head-fi
wink.gif
)
stupid beerrules in america.
Buy something that a friend wants to have, he can pay the money to you--> you save the money for later upgrades/BEER/other ****.
luckely I live in the netherlands where you don't always have to spend your money on gadgets but you can also just buy a beer/ other legal stuff when your 16.

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:07 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by luuk
pff, it's hard to make a good choice!
why not buy a headphone(this is head-fi
wink.gif
)
stupid beerrules in america.
Buy something that a friend wants to have, he can pay the money to you--> you save the money for later upgrades/BEER/other ****.
luckely I live in the netherlands where you don't always have to spend your money on gadgets but you can also just buy a beer/ other legal stuff when your 16.

Hahaha, "other legal stuff". What have you been smoking lately?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Back on topic...
You allready have the mp3 players covered, aswell as the camera.
Seems like only one option left
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 27, 2005 at 11:16 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind
Hahaha, "other legal stuff". What have you been smoking lately?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Back on topic...
You allready have the mp3 players covered, aswell as the camera.
Seems like only one option left
smily_headphones1.gif

Au contraire, I have the PSP. However, I guess you COULD argue that they serve different purposes, game-genre wise. Only thing is I'm not a huge gamer.. The DSC-W1 is showing its age as well.

Hm... So it's narrowed down to two. Thanks.
biggrin.gif
Time to go ponder it over a snack.

[EDIT] Oh yeah. Quite happy with my SR60's and Shures, so that's out. Haha, this new Edit system is sweet. When did this show up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back