Decision Help...
Mar 19, 2006 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mbenz7846

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I have a credit for $ 250.00 USD (can spend more if need be) from a local store here who can get headphones from these manufacturers:

Sony
Sennheiser
AKG
Behringer
Pioneer

I will be using the cans for listening from my pc and ipod only, no headphone amp unfortunately. I do not require the headphones to be closed and have no preference as to what type they are. I am only looking at these from a sound quality perspective. In terms of sound I do prefer something a little brighter than some may (I think this may rule out the Sennheisers...) as I listen to a lot of electronic/trance music. Detail in the midrange and energy is also very important and low lows as well. Tonal balance will also be nice though too. I hope to achieve a sound simialr to my JM lab Electra 936 speakers although I know this is an incredibly tall order from a non amped headphone... Any advice would be very helpful as I am new the world of cans.

Thanks

Mar 19, 2006 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbenz7846
In terms of sound I do prefer something a little brighter than some may (I think this may rule out the Sennheisers...)

Not necessarily, the HD555 and HD595 are both relatively bright by Senn. standards and relatively easy to drive unamped. Each is an excellent set of 'phones by itself, but should improve dramatically if you decide to buy an amp down the road.

-Angler
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back