Deciding what to do
Jan 8, 2014 at 4:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Connorhop13

New Head-Fier
Just bought bose ae2i for $150. Thinking about returning them and getting shure se215. I like in ear's but was wondering if the se215 are worth $100. I also like a decent amount of bass. Thanks

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi,

If you can pick Yamaha EPH-100, then that's probably your best bet!

Bose reputation here is not really good.

Best Luck!

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 6
I've only heard good things about the Yamaha. The se215 are great, but IMO, they don't sound very good unless they're pretty loud (around 45-50 % volume). This doesn't seem like much, but it's enough to do ear damage over long listening periods with these type of sealed IEMs. They're so good at sealing you from the outside, that the pressure inside your ear canal fluctuates from no let out of air. This probably sounds very scary right now. The only advantages here with the se215 is insane noise isolation (especially with flange tips) and a replaceable/ upgradable cable. The se215's really need an upgraded cable to really shine though, and that's what puts them behind some other competitors.

Jan 11, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 6
I got the se215's today. I love them, they sound great. My only complaint is the difficulty in removing the ear tips, but with a bit messing around, they come off pretty easily.

You should get the flange tips. Much easier to put in and take out. Most people end up cutting off the third flange because it goes too deep and hurts. I did, and now I get an even better seal. Also, I'd recommend the fiio rc-se1 cable. It costs about the same as a replacement, has easier to form ear loops, fits with more phone cases, and improves sound. Cleans up the bass to be punchier and other minimal improvements. The only drawback is a lot of cable noise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back