Deciding between the Yanyin Canon OG and Yanyin Canon 2
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

LeonV3

New Head-Fier
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. Currently Linsoul has a sale (ending in 3 days) and the Yanyin Canon OG is $314, while the Canon 2 is at its retail price of $379. I was wondering for those who have listened to each if the sound differences are worth the cost increase going from the version 1 to version 2. Currently I’m using a Linsoul Simgot EM6L for music and gaming and I do enjoy it. Would going to either of the Canons be worth the upgrade for me? If so, I could also buy second hand if anyone has one they are looking to sell.

Apr 17, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Hi, I was hoping to get some advice. Currently Linsoul has a sale (ending in 3 days) and the Yanyin Canon OG is $314, while the Canon 2 is at its retail price of $379. I was wondering for those who have listened to each if the sound differences are worth the cost increase going from the version 1 to version 2. Currently I’m using a Linsoul Simgot EM6L for music and gaming and I do enjoy it. Would going to either of the Canons be worth the upgrade for me? If so, I could also buy second hand if anyone has one they are looking to sell.

So until someone who heard both comes to help you out, I thought I'd give you my two cents (fwiw) and bump the topic.
Based on the FR graphs and the reviews I've seen, the Canon 2 has a noticeably more natural, smoother sound enabling it to be an all-rounder, whereas the original Canon is a V-shaped, comparatively harsher, more aggressive (sometimes called "fun") set. The EM6L should be something in-between: it has more balanced lower mids, but it's bright as well.
Non-tonal, technical aspects are probably better on both, so in that sense, either would be an upgrade, but my experience tells me that the gains would be more readily apparent on the Canon 2, as the tuning is less coloured.
Whether any of this is worth upgrading for, that's something only you can answer because only you know what you like and value. Between the two, my money would be on the Canon 2... but it's your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back