Deciding between Sharp MD33 and Shure e2c
Nov 29, 2004 at 8:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Rodent

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I've been checking out possible portable phones for a while now and, kind of, decided that I'll get one of these two earphones.
The md33 is about 59 with shipping and the e2c is about 70, not a big difference(love the dollar right now, too
wink.gif
).
The big question for me is comfort and looks.
The e2c's have to be inserted further, right? I think they also look a little weird.
Are the md33s about the same as The Plug regarding insertion and looks?
I think that I have rather small ear canals and the shures look a little big, or at least bigger than the sharps, is that right?

Just tell me everything you know about the ergonomics of both phones
wink.gif

Hrm, I just noticed there's another active e2c vs md33 thread. I've been reading so many threads I forgot about it.

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:04 PM Post #2 of 8
give the e2c's a try first and see if it fits you well. if not you can always return it. i dont think audiocubes accepts returns if you buy the md33's.

Nov 29, 2004 at 9:11 PM Post #3 of 8
Actually, I can't return the Shure's. A guy from this site is going to order them for me and some others from idealsound and then ship them to us(thanks Hajime(?)
cool.gif
).

Nov 29, 2004 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
Have you tried both? I'm mostly interested about hearing about comfort and fit.

I think md33 would be so much better in the comfort department than e2 because e2's bores are really large. but e2s provide better isolation.

Nov 30, 2004 at 1:51 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodent
Have you tried both? I'm mostly interested about hearing about comfort and fit.

i've tried both. to me, the md33 sounds better than the e2c. e2c is a bit muddy and has weak highs. md33 is easier to wear and sounds balanced (with mod). the e2c rubber sleeves also hurts my ears.

Nov 30, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #8 of 8
also remember than IEM's tend to push ear wax farther down your ears if you dont have clean ears (you can find this in many posts). but also many complain about eardrums hurting when you put in/take out the phones because they tend to produce a pressure gasket inside your ears so when you put them in or take them out you're either pushing air in or sucking air out, which pops your eardrums. so a simple way to prevent that is to either pull down you ear when you put them in or wet the tip of the IEM's. to me thats really a P.I.T.A. when all i want is to just listen to my damn music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back