Decided to clean my ears tonight (Debrox), is it normal to feel fullness in the ear?
Oct 1, 2007 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

c0mfortably_numb

Headphoneus Supremus
I get a lot of wax build up in my ears I used to use Q Tips to combat it but I want to quit using them . So tonight I bought some Debrox, I carefully followed the directions, and cleaned both ears about an hour ago. I lightly flushed each ear as the directions indicated. My right ear is great
smily_headphones1.gif
but my left ear is congested like I still have water in there, I've had my head tilted for the last half hour trying to encourage drainage. Is it normal to have this feeling only in one ear?

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:51 AM Post #2 of 33
I had that experience before too. That ear is packed with earwax and its going to take more applications to loosen it up. But what ever you do, don't poke a q-tip in there or you'll just pact that wax in and make it harder to drain out. You can mix it up with hydrogen peroxide to accelerate the process. I think Debrox states it'll take 3 or more tries to really get earwax free.

Good luck.

Oct 1, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by greydragon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had that experience before too. That ear is packed with earwax and its going to take more applications to loosen it up. But what ever you do, don't poke a q-tip in there or you'll just pact that wax in and make it harder to drain out. You can mix it up with hydrogen peroxide to accelerate the process. I think Debrox states it'll take 3 or more tries to really get earwax free.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll try another application tomorrow. It kinda feels like water, if I tilt my head to the right I can feel it move.

Oct 1, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 33
I had the same problem. I used the Murine version of Debrox, and I felt as if the stuff didn't really completely drain from one ear, even after a few shots of warm water from the ear syringe.

It felt better in the morning, and seemed to be back to normal after I showered and let water run in and out a few more times.

The next couple of times I used the stuff, I didn't have the same problem--so I think that two or three applications are indeed required to dissolve a very hard or extensive buildup.

"Invest" in one of these, much better for you than Q-tips and won't pack wax in deeper as greydragon pointed out:

http://www.ototekloop.com/

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"Invest" in one of these, much better for you than Q-tips and won't pack wax in deeper as greydragon pointed out:

http://www.ototekloop.com/

That would only work on dry wax wouldn't it? I unfortunately have the wet wax yuck

Also I been lying down on my side for an hour, I don't really feel any liquid, it's just really congested and I feel a little pain.

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use the power auger to get the really baked on crud off.

Mitch

LOL
icon10.gif

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #10 of 33
Give us an update if it gets better or worse.

Oct 1, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #11 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killercrush /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Use Earigate. Trust me, I work in a Drug Store.

But I never tried this product.
evil_smiley.gif

I am going to have to get that! Ever since I had that weird crinkling sound in my right ear last week, I've been wanting to clean my ears properly.

http://www.earigate.ca/

Oct 1, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #13 of 33
my kid had this problem last winter - debrox got a bit of it out after 2x applications daily for 2 weeks, but the day he started complaining about actual pain we said SCREW IT and went to an ENT. kid was screaming but we irrigated those canals but good and there was solid crap coming out like you wouldn't believe.

debrox will work for the small stuff, but for the solid wall of wax go get a roto-rooter.

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my kid had this problem last winter - debrox got a bit of it out after 2x applications daily for 2 weeks, but the day he started complaining about actual pain we said SCREW IT and went to an ENT. kid was screaming but we irrigated those canals but good and there was solid crap coming out like you wouldn't believe.

debrox will work for the small stuff, but for the solid wall of wax go get a roto-rooter.

I wish I could go, but I'm still unemployed and little to no money. I guess I shouldn't of even messed with this stuff but I the itching was driving my nuts. Now that I been up for a few hours my left ear feels really congested, I can hear but it feels congested.

Oct 1, 2007 at 4:22 PM Post #15 of 33
it could have been that the debrox gunk got caught BEHIND your wax wall and can't get out after the wax dissolved a bit and sealed up behind it - eww. keep doing it 2x daily in the right way - if it could get in, you can debrox a path out. just make certain to flush out all the gunk after each sitting with warm water- not a JET but just a flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back