Decided on E4C, what about tips?
May 24, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #16 of 29
I ordered some short comply tips, and never looked back.

May 24, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #17 of 29
I love the stock foamies, but they do need replacing every month. This offcourse, as said, depends on use. You can wash them with pretty good results, but they won't be the same expansive shape as new ones.

May 24, 2006 at 5:52 PM Post #18 of 29
I use the Shure foamies on my E3C's and find them comfortable and easy to insert/take out.

(So the Comply foamies fit both the Shure E3C and E4C? They are supposed to be comfortable and maybe a little more isolating than the Shure foamies -- could be worth a try.)

May 24, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #19 of 29
It says the longer (standard) ones provide better isolation and more bass.

Do I go short or standard with E4's? (I have been using the small soft flex sleeves).

May 24, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #22 of 29
I'm in the same boat with E5C's....

Is there one bud that tends to be the choice of the majority??!

May 24, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #23 of 29
Make your own
smily_headphones1.gif

foam2.jpg

May 24, 2006 at 10:07 PM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by z-iron
I like using the double-flange ones. (never tried the triple flange or comply)

?? where'd you gedt these?

May 25, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #27 of 29
I used foamies first with my E2Cs...then tried the soft silicone tips (black/grey ones) one more time, and discovered they sealed better for me and sounded better than the foamies.

When I got my new UM2s, I tried and really like the short comply (long are ok, but not as comfortable for me). Then I swapped a pair of unused long complies for a pair of medium soft silicone from a guy I know who has e4s (he had an extra pair, so we both won
smily_headphones1.gif

Just tried triflange, and immediately modified them to bi-flange. They don't seal as well for me as the soft silicone ones, though. So it's short Comply or soft silicone for me, evidently.

As everyone has said, though, try them all. Everyone's ear canal shapes are different.

One thing you might try that worked for me, I sat with my IEMs on and turned my stero down so I could *just barely* hear the test tone (pink noise) with the foamies. Then I muted, changed tips, put them in, and un-muted. It was pretty easy this way to determine which tips gave me better isolation.

Andrew

May 25, 2006 at 2:24 PM Post #28 of 29
Careful with the stock yellow foamies. Make sure they are exactly the same size.

I noticed that I had a separation issue with them (sound coming out louder in one ear versus the other). I was thinking it might be a nozzle issue but it turned out that the one foamie was 10-15% smaller in size to the other causing uneven isolation/sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back