Decent wireless phone for T.v
May 29, 2005 at 4:25 PM Post #2 of 7
e. None of the Above

I have long been looking for a decent pair of affordable wireless cans, and so far nothing comes close to wired. If they absolutely have to be wireless, plan on spending $200+, otherwise get yourself a couple pairs of good cabled cans and a 15ft (or more) extension.

May 29, 2005 at 4:34 PM Post #3 of 7
I use the Sennheiser IS380 wireless (infrared) headphones for TV, and I'm perfectly satisfied with them. They sound good (not as good as Serious Headphones, but good at the PX200-ish level), run a long time on a battery charge, are adequately comfortable, and don't pick up any interference (at least, not in my house). I bought them direct from sennheiserusa.com (which often seems to have them refurbished at a discount), but other outlets may have them as well.

May 29, 2005 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 7
Why not get a good cheap pair of wired cans (like the new Sennheiser HD201), a cheap walkman (or other portable FM radio) and an FM transmitter (to hook to the TV/satelite/cable box/receiver)? It'll probably cost you a lot less than a good pair of wireless cans and you also get a good pair of wired cans that you can use with other stuff and an FM transmitter to listen to a PCDP or DAP in the car.

May 30, 2005 at 5:19 AM Post #6 of 7
My friend used to play internet radio on his computer and he listened to it while he was walking around his house. He also played all the music on his computer. I thought it was a good idea because you don't have to worry about wires getting snagged at all, and you could do anything without the source getting in your way. IMO, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

May 30, 2005 at 3:44 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by jml90
All I need them for is watching Tv and where can I get this fm transmitter

I know they sell one by Belkin at WalMart for $30 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back