Decent, under $130 nice computer desks?
Feb 2, 2006 at 1:38 AM Post #16 of 33
Wow, another Jerker user here, I had no idea they had such a cult following. My thinking was that what you _really_ need is a large, solid flat surface, keyboard trays and dodgy computer case hangers and wobbly monitor arms are just an excuse for not having enough flat surface. Looks like others agree! I've got two PCs, two 17" monitors and various assorted crap on one Jerker, it's a great bargain and very, very sturdy.

Feb 2, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #19 of 33
From what I recall, the shelves have a max load of around 30kg (which worries me a little, as I'm over two-thirds of the way there with all my textbooks), so the 75kg must be for the desk itself. That'll definitely hold a good-sized CRT (or two!).

Feb 28, 2006 at 3:25 AM Post #21 of 33
anybody else have any recommendations. I'd prolly get that Ikea desk but I don't have an Ikea store near me.

Feb 28, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #22 of 33
You any good with power tools? A basic, extremely solid desk is one of the easier things to build and won't set you back too much (so long as you already have the tools/know how that is).

Beyond that, I really think the Ikea desks are about the best value out there. Though if you find a good sale, there's nothing wrong with Office Depot or Office Max stuff either.

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #24 of 33
How much does Ikea charge to ship the Jerker desk? Also, can someone give me a link to the additional add-ons for the Jerker?

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #25 of 33
oopss, double post

Mar 1, 2006 at 2:56 AM Post #26 of 33
Is there any way to buy a Jerker desk directly from Ikea online? I don't have an Ikea store within 500 miles of me.

Mar 1, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurt_fire
How much does Ikea charge to ship the Jerker desk? Also, can someone give me a link to the additional add-ons for the Jerker?

I am also curious. This old schooldesk thing I'm using now just isn't working out
tongue.gif

Mar 1, 2006 at 4:14 AM Post #28 of 33
Ahh.. Audiophilia..

The accursed disease refuses to loose my wallet so I can get around to buying a Jerker (that sounds so very wrong..). My current desk is utter garbage.

Mar 1, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #29 of 33
IIRC Ikea shipping over a long distance is pretty high... High enough that I once drove from Portland to Seattle (a little under 200 miles) just to pick up a truck load of furniture. But that was a while ago, so things may have changed. Also the Jerker is fairly compact so they might cut you a deal.

Or we could have a JERKER GROUP BUY!!!

Mar 10, 2006 at 5:06 AM Post #30 of 33
HAHAHAHA!! Ikea wanted to charge me $275 to ship the Jerker desk to me here in Florida? Are they on ****ing CRACK??

I guess I should start looking again at Office Depot and OfficeMax.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back