Decent source in Australia
Nov 26, 2002 at 6:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Snufkin

500+: Audio Dealer: Headphonic (Australia)
Well, it's time I got myself a decent source.
Currently I'm running digital out from my Santacruz into my ART DI/O but I figure there's probably a more elegant way to do it in the form of a real cd player.

So if anyone has suggestions, or offers of second hand equipment, to a poor Aussie in need let me know
smily_headphones1.gif

I sourced the Arcam Diva CD72 locally and was quoted around $3400AU
eek.gif

So after I was revived I decided to cross that off my list. Importing it probably wouldn't be an option as I'd pay freight, insurance, import duty and GST, and then if it's faulty I'll be in even more trouble
frown.gif

I can get hold of Creek players at Trade price, so I've been eyeing off the CD43Mk2 (CD53 is out of my pricerange).

Finding modded units here is probably very difficult (unless someone knows a good local to do it) and again, importing is a hassle.

Suggestions, comments, alternatives?

Ta
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2002 at 8:30 AM Post #2 of 7
holy ****! are you sure?
im SURE you could get it much cheaper than that.. but since you have the ART DIO already, why not look for something cheaper?

as for me, i got my Arcam CD72 off ebay. couldnt be happier :)

Nov 26, 2002 at 11:25 AM Post #3 of 7
Haha, I'm an idiot - I just checked the price I was looking at and it was for the CD92

I'll find out what the CD72 is worth.. hopefully not so much.

In terms of the DI/O - I still wouldn't mind a decent CD player, I may end up getting rid of the DI/O.

Nov 26, 2002 at 12:52 PM Post #4 of 7
You know I'll look after the DI/O if you no longer need it.
wink.gif

Just wondering, with the high output level of the DI/O, will my Corda become redundant?

Nov 26, 2002 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Snufkin
Haha, I'm an idiot - I just checked the price I was looking at and it was for the CD92

I'll find out what the CD72 is worth.. hopefully not so much.

Tivoli Hifi in Melbourne has the CD72 for $1598.00 (according to their web site).

Krunchy

Nov 28, 2002 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 7
have you checked out the new Arcam CD62T? Basically it IS a CD72T without the upgrade pathway of being a 92T. This can save both buyer and manufacture some bucks.

Or, if you luckly. You can try to find Pioneer PD-S707. This is really a gem. I've got one, I've compared with it with 92T and yes, 92T is better ~~ about 10%..

The price for PD-S707 is about 600-700 AUD , not bad for a decent CDP.
But it does not have coaxial digital out, if that is imporant to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back