Decent short Mini to RCA IC
Apr 20, 2010 at 5:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

buz

500+ Head-Fier
Let me pre phase this with the fact that I don't believe in cables. So the only thing I am really after is a decently shielded short (like 1 foot) mini to RCA cable to connect DAC to amp. I don't care what material it uses (as long as it conducts power) and it properly shielded as well as the plug don't come off
wink.gif

Any recommendations?

Apr 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by buz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Let me pre phase this with the fact that I don't believe in cables. So the only thing I am really after is a decently shielded short (like 1 foot) mini to RCA cable to connect DAC to amp. I don't care what material it uses (as long as it conducts power) and it properly shielded as well as the plug don't come off
wink.gif

Any recommendations?

Check out monoprice.com for some inexpensive cables. I bought a similar cable years ago from Signal Cable here: Analog Interconnects. The price of $36 for a 2 foot cable is very good and the cable quality is excellent.

I don't buy cables anymore because it's more fun to make them!
beerchug.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #3 of 6
These look decent but shipping to Switzerland is like 30USD
frown.gif

Apr 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 6
BlueJeans Cables

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by RASeymour /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BlueJeans Cables

X2 BJC is awesome and service is super fast!

Apr 23, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Was in the same boat, I ended up purchasing the AudioQuest MiniA 1 meter for $20 shipped from amazon. While I originally was going to go for the BlueJean Cable, I ended up for the MiniA because it has some design philosophies I like - solid conductors, "balanced" L/R signals - and was cheaper.

The RCA plugs are decent and grip decently, the mini plug is decent as well (not as tight as the ever so slightly thicker Neutriks, which end up making my mini-jacks loose). Flexibility is actually pretty impressive for a solid-core design.

It's simplistic looking yet still has that unique Audioquest rounded aesthetic. Overall I think it's worth the purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back