Decent rotary switch for ladder stepped attenuator
May 4, 2003 at 12:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Squalish

500+ Head-Fier
Could anyone give me a link to a decent, semi-affordable(<$100 if possible, but if it's above, tell me anyway), 20+ position, 4 pole, enclosed rotary switch? I found an Electroswitch one (690-D9G0423N) at Mouser for $83, but it's open, and I'd rather have it be somewhat dust-resistant. I've found several manufacturer pages detailing exactly what I need, but none for sale anywhere.

EDIT1: The only place I can find any are at Goldpt, and I'd much rather make my own and save a bit of cash. $171 for a switch is a little bit overpriced IMO, when I could get an open one for $83.

EDIT2: I found a suitable ELMA at both percyaudio @ $130(BV22569) and at scaudio.dk at 775dutch kroner. This is about $120, and without VAT, it ends up being about $100. At only $17 over the open one at Mouser, I'm checking with them over shipping/price issues before I do anything else.

May 4, 2003 at 5:41 PM Post #2 of 4
sealed units are the way to go for sure .airborne contaminates will eventually settle on the contacts of an open switch and degrade the contact integrity

for a rational price you might want to check out one of the surplus electronic parts outlets

May 4, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I can't believe I didn't remember posting in this thread. I guess I'll follow the advice I suggested there, and use large heatshrink. $30 for a 24pos 4pol open switch is a great price, enough that I'll probably just improvise on the sealing problem. Funny how it didn't turn up on their search, I assumed searching for 'rotary' would be a good choice.

May 5, 2003 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

I assumed searching for 'rotary' would be a good choice.

uh , you left out "switch"

surprised you didn't come up with a link to "wankle"

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back