Decent price on Shure E2C should i get them?
Feb 6, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 8
that's a great price if new. The only way you'll know if you'll like them is to hear them yourself. I think their bass is a bit too loose and the highs a bit too subdued, but most would agree they are an improvement over, say, standard iPod buds.

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:28 AM Post #3 of 8
they replaced my ex51's and sounded great out of my pcdp's. when i went over to mp3 players (creative zen, ipod) the e2c has pretty bad bass roll-off.

to me, they sounded pretty good, and i definately needed their isolation. eventually i found them a hassle if you have to take them out/put them in too often, so these are now only used during commutes (bus, train, plane).

Feb 6, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 8
I too have been lookin at these b/c employee discount at large retailers makes them very affordable, but my friend who bought them says they have more detailed sound (compared to his Grado SR-225) BUT no bass
frown.gif

Edit - I apologize if I've misled anyone, I was very wrong about "the general opinion of them on HeadFi" , but my friend did tell me that E2C lacked bass for him. My bad.

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by EN4
I too have been lookin at these b/c employee discount at large retailers makes them very affordable, but my friend who bought them says they have more detailed sound (compared to his Grado SR-225) BUT no bass
frown.gif
which seems to be the general opinion of them on HeadFi.

Are you sure you're talking about the E2c? 'Cause the most widespread opinion about the E2c's here is that they're somewhat muddy and quite bassy, and I definitely agree.

For $65 CAD, they aren't a bad deal at all.

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #6 of 8
I think every poster here should have some sort of certification, because EN4´s post is VERY misleading (and im not saying my opinion is better, its just my EXPERIENCE with the phones).

my SR80 has DEFINITELY more detail and resolution than my E2c

The bass roll off adressed by tfunk408 could be more linked to those "mp3 players" with low impedance phones than to the phones themselves, and in any case the E2c might lack a bit on the treble department.

65 canadian seems to me as an ok value, i do enjoy mine for portable situations; but i second warpdrivers suggestion of judging them by yourself.

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:22 AM Post #7 of 8
thanks everyone

I guess the better question I should have asked was, does the price make them worth getting (and they arent new) Like does the shortcomings of these make up enough in the fact that the price is decent, or should I continue to wait and see if I can find any better deals

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #8 of 8
thats why i said 65 cad for the E2c is an ok value
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back