Decent mini to mini cable for Cowon D2/iBasso D2 Boa available in the UK?
Oct 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

digivate

100+ Head-Fier
I own a Cowon D2 and some Westone UM2s and I've decided to add a iBasso D2 Boa to the mix.

I've ordered the Boa but didn't order the iBasso mini to mini (3.5mm to 3.5mm) cable, thinking that I'd be able to find a decent alternative in the UK ... but now I think I might have been wrong. I've looked online but haven't been able to find anything that looks suitable from a company based in the UK/EU.

There are some really good options available to me if I order a cable from the USA (thinking of Moon Audio) but if possible I'd rather avoid international postage, and possibly custom duties and VAT, that will effectively double the price I pay.

Anyone in the UK know where I can find a suitable cable?

Preferably 6" and budget of around £15 - £30.

Thanks

Oct 4, 2008 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 11
Buy second from the for sale forum. The mini cables are so small and light that it enters normal small envelopes so postage is cheap and customs don't bother with letters. There is no point insuring a $25 cable either therefore declaring it would be foolish.

Oct 4, 2008 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by digivate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I own a Cowon D2 and some Westone UM2s and I've decided to add a iBasso D2 Boa to the mix.

I've ordered the Boa but didn't order the iBasso mini to mini (3.5mm to 3.5mm) cable, thinking that I'd be able to find a decent alternative in the UK ... but now I think I might have been wrong. I've looked online but haven't been able to find anything that looks suitable from a company based in the UK/EU.

There are some really good options available to me if I order a cable from the USA (thinking of Moon Audio) but if possible I'd rather avoid international postage, and possibly custom duties and VAT, that will effectively double the price I pay.

Anyone in the UK know where I can find a suitable cable?

Preferably 6" and budget of around £15 - £30.

Qables | High Quality Custom Made Qables

Expensive, but in the EU and of the highest quality.

Oct 5, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #9 of 11
Definitely DIY in my opinion. There are so many excellent DIYers on this forum.

Lil'Knight builds them (/me waves), and they look pimp. Also, stevenkelby does as well (he's currently building me a custom LOD), and he offers a LIFETIME warranty. Lots of options, just search the forums.

If you want to go commercial, Qables is cool (Hans has amazing customer service, he answers email within hours, sometimes minutes) and I've heard good things about ALO Audio as well, which do crazy sh1t like cryo treatments.

There's also ebay of course...
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 6, 2008 at 1:47 PM Post #10 of 11
I've decided to go down the DIY route ... but to have a crack at it myself.

I spent about 5 hours yesterday, scouring the internet to source the best components I could find - hopefully my soldering skills won't let the whole project down.

Oct 6, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could always DIY.

Any guide or something to begin with?

i would like to try it out...i got bad cables

Users who are viewing this thread

Back