Decent IEMs with isolation for ~$50?
Oct 6, 2007 at 11:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Ohm

New Head-Fier
Any advices on good IEMs with good isolation? I have read a horde of topics about here but didn't find an answer and prices are changing constantly and new models coming. I am looking for good ones to block the radio that is ubearable. I just ordered that Zune from woot, so I will be using them for it, unamped [metal, rock, classical]. I'd like to spend around $50 and would be really happy to spend less [and can go up to $75 if really needed]

Some options I found:
Shure E2 - $56
Maximo iM-390 - $35
Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3 - $60
im616 - $70
ER-6i - $75
cx 300 - $40
v-moda vibes - $60
V-MODA Bass Freq - $35
CrossRoads MylarOne X3 - $57

Oct 7, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can vouch for the ER-6i, which isolates well with the stock tri-flanges. I can put these on during bus trips and barely hear the bus engine.

x2, but I prefer the Comply's.

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comply's? Never heard of them, where can you buy it? Any reviews?

They come with the Ety's, it's another word for foamies, but the style of them are refered to as "Comply's".

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you watch the FS forums you can find some of those for closer to your price range.

x2

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #12 of 14
I will surely look for deals, but I won't wait for ages with that. It looks like I need many more hours of reading reviews. Anyone knows good shop around New Haven, CT where I could check most of the phones mentioned?

Oct 9, 2007 at 5:01 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They come with the Ety's, it's another word for foamies, but the style of them are refered to as "Comply's".

Not true. Comply's are a registered trademark and are a brand, rather than a type - and they certainly don't come with the Ety ER-4P and I'd be suprisedif they were included with the ER-6i

http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/cofotipeco1p.html

Oct 9, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back