Decent IEMS to sweat into a lot.
Jan 28, 2010 at 2:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mummer

New Head-Fier
Would someone be so kind as to suggest a good pair of IEMs for jogging? They will be sweated on profusely. I just don't wanna do that to my Image X-10s anymore, although I love the way they sound. Ability to withstand the sweat is a top priority, followed by comfort, isolation, decent balanced sound for rock music, and controlled cable microphonics. At least I'm not asking for a stunning soundstage as well....Price not a major concern.

Thank you and thank YOU!

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 5
I have only two realisitc suggestions: CK10 or CK100 from Audio Technica. If you plan to sweat, both of these can take a beating whilst sporting the best cable: very quiet, light, and not prone to sweat breakage like other cable manufacturers. Both are tiny and sound great.

The CK10 can be had for around 200$ in the USA and the CK100 can be had for less than 400$ shipped from Japan. No other manufacturer makes as well put-together iems, no other manufacturer makes them as small for as high quality, and no other manufacturer will have a cable which will survive jogging.

I used the CK10 in minus 16 weather to plus 34 for cyclocross training - perfect.

Jan 28, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have only two realisitc suggestions: CK10 or CK100 from Audio Technica. If you plan to sweat, both of these can take a beating whilst sporting the best cable: very quiet, light, and not prone to sweat breakage like other cable manufacturers. Both are tiny and sound great.

The CK10 can be had for around 200$ in the USA and the CK100 can be had for less than 400$ shipped from Japan. No other manufacturer makes as well put-together iems, no other manufacturer makes them as small for as high quality, and no other manufacturer will have a cable which will survive jogging.

I used the CK10 in minus 16 weather to plus 34 for cyclocross training - perfect.

That's expensive for workout gear! :O. I was going to suggest something like the meelectronics ai-me6; small cheap over-the-ear phones with a solid build.

Jan 28, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #4 of 5
My turbines have pretty bad microphonics but I've worked out with them practically every day for months upon months, and yes, I am a sweater!
So resistance, yes. Microphonics... yes as well :/

Jan 28, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #5 of 5
At what price point can you consider your phones disposeable? Get the best phones at that price, and buy in pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back