Decent IEM for about 30 Euros (40$)
May 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

svarionman81

New Head-Fier
Hi, guys, in the last three days i've enquired about the IEM market in this forum and other resources on the web, because i'de like to buy a decent-sounding IEM.

I'm not a person who listen frequently the music with headphones (i prefer listening music on the stereo), now i don't have an MP3 player  but i want a good IEM to listen music when i'm at work, through the PC, so i don't want to spend too much but also have a good quality.

I mainly listen to Rock music (all kinds except metal) but i also like sometimes something more pop/folk or electronic, so i want a IEM with a warm sound but not too bass inclined, i prefer a more balenced sound, even if not too analytical. The bass should be good and defined, but not too strong to overcome everytime the other instruments. I also prefer something with a good building quality and durability.

I've seen some models that can be good for me:

- Brainwavz M1: I can found it at around 22€, i've seen on the review that the sound can be the one that i'm looking for

- Brainwavz M4: seems a bit different in sound, but still well balanced.....and should be another category of IEM....i can found it at around 38€.....that i can consider my budget limit. Did they worth the difference of price over the M1?

- XEARS IEM's: I've seen that, trough the coupon, they can be bought with 30€ plus shipping....it seems that the regular price for these IEM is too much, but at this price they can be a good deal for the quality they offer....but i read that mainly all the models are too bass oriented.
Are the XEARS IEM really a better quality (for the same price) against the Brainwavz that i mentioned? Are there some more balanced IEM in the XEARS models, maybe the XE200PRO?

- Soundmagic E10......?

- Klipsch S4 (I can find it at a good price) ?

Can you recommend me one of these IEMs...or maybe other models?

Thank you

May 1, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 14
The Radiopaq Jazz on Amazon UK is a great value for 10 UK pounds(list price is 60). It received excellent reviews.

Most PCs has a low quality sound card, and are not good for playing music unless you add a supplemental sound card.
You should also consider getting a good cheap MP3 player such as the Sandisk Clip+. The 2GB model is only $30 in the US. A cheap 16GB or 32GB microSDHC card can be added to it to give you 18GB or 34GB of storage.

The Radiopaq Jazz, a Clip+ 2GB and a 16GB micro SDHC card all together might not cost that much above your budget.

May 2, 2012 at 6:02 AM Post #3 of 14
I understand that the PC music quality is not so good, but i dont have a really necessity of buying an MP3 player right now. Maybe in the future i'll have to change my mobile phone, and then i will buy a unit that can also reproduce decently music files.

I will check if the IEM that you suggest is available here in Italy.....any other advices?

May 2, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #4 of 14
Visang RO2, SoundMAGIC's E10 / E30 / PL21 would be worth checking out for your tastes. With a special mention of the E10 and RO2. I would probably lean towards thr Visang RO2 or SoundMAGIC E30 for your bass preferences.

May 2, 2012 at 7:17 AM Post #5 of 14
the m1 is a nice earphone if you like a balanced signature

May 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #7 of 14
Buy soundmagic e30 for $37, realy good sound, with bass what you are looking for.
Another advantages? It is ULTRACOMFORTABLE, build to last years and no microphonics.

May 2, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 14
Ok guys, i've searched trough the web (ebay and web shops) what can be the most easy to get, here in Italy, models....i'll devide the models into two price ranges, shipping included:

Vsonic GR99       20€ (via a seller of ebay.....not sure if can be trusted, or if there is the possibility of getting a fake model)
Brainwavz M1      23€ (Mp4nation)
Vsonic R02 Pro II 26€
Soundmagic E10 26€ (Mp4nation)
Soundmagic E30 30€  (Mp4nation)

-----------------------------------------------------------

Brainwavz M4         38€ (Mp4Nation)
Any XEARS model 38€
Vsonic GR06         48€ (Mp4Nation)

These are my considerations:.....concerning the first range, I must say i'm quite attracted by the M1, the GR99 seems also very good, but it's new, there are still few comments about its SQ on the web....and, from the photos i've seen, the overall building quality and accessories package seems to be on the M1 side.
The second range seems maybe too much for my requirement of a first decent-quality IEM.....maybe only the GR06 worth the price difference in term of quality (what about XEARS? Nobody tried them here?)

Being new on the IEM,I think i'll pick a model from the first range, just to have a reference to understand what is the sound signature that i really like....better to be disappointed with a 20€ model than with 40€ less in your pocket.........Is that a good reasoning?

May 2, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #12 of 14

Being new on the IEM,I think i'll pick a model from the first range, just to have a reference to understand what is the sound signature that i really like....better to be disappointed with a 20€ model than with 40€ less in your pocket.........Is that a good reasoning?

I think the Vsonic R04 is the best starter IEM, it has extension, linear response, sound-quality and it's involving (unlike GR07 / EX600), to reach the next level in dynamic drivers with similar sound you have to spend a lot more, for example Sony EX700 or Hifiman RE272.

May 3, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

I think the Vsonic R04 is the best starter IEM, it has extension, linear response, sound-quality and it's involving (unlike GR07 / EX600), to reach the next level in dynamic drivers with similar sound you have to spend a lot more, for example Sony EX700 or Hifiman RE272.

Hi, the only version of the Vsonic R04 that i can find, through ebay, is the R04 Pro Updated Version, that is priced around 45€ (shipping included).....for that price, maybe it's better to go for the Vsonic GR06 at 48€, that seems to be  better....am i right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back