Decent headphone cables?
Mar 4, 2012 at 5:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sanotter

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, im thinking of buying a decent cable for the q40 thats not too pricy, but will not break as many people have said the stock one to. will need a 6.3mm jack into a 3.5mm jack with preferably 1.5-3m of cord. Thanks :)

Mar 4, 2012 at 10:04 AM Post #2 of 5
IMO, save your money.  The ever so slightly incremental improvement that aftermarket cables provide (if any) is not worth the expense.  I say "if any" because I do not believe there have been any tests with any scientific method/accuracy that shows the effects/benefits of aftermarket cables.

If the stock cables break, then by new cables.  Until that time, I'd say, don't bother.

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Hey guys, im thinking of buying a decent cable for the q40 thats not too pricy, but will not break as many people have said the stock one to. will need a 6.3mm jack into a 3.5mm jack with preferably 1.5-3m of cord. Thanks :)

This one fits.

See this thread for reference.

By the way, my Q40 cable is fine. I don't know where this "cable" copy & paste stuff is coming from.

Very best,

Apr 5, 2012 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 5
The headphone cable in my audeze lcd 2 has apparently gone south.I am getting inttermittent loss of sound and noise at times.I have to play with the cable to get it positioned so there is no loss of signal on the left side.I was wondering if anyone else has problems with the adz-6 ribbon cables? I would appreciate any input on any cable problems with the new adz-6 ribbon cables that come with the lcd-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back