Decent back ups..............Samsung IEM's
Jan 12, 2011 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

lebomb

100+ Head-Fier
These came with the Samsung Galaxy smartphone.............. I may use these for when I hit the gym.  They have a nice cord that is tangle resistant, the housings are black glossy plastic, with a rubber strip down the backside.  They are pretty compact, have silicone tips and fit in the ear pretty well.  As far as the sound goes, they are a bit bass heavy, not muddy though...........they and have nice mids/highs.  Not as clear as my S4's, but they sound much better than most entry models I've heard.  I had some cheap polaroid IEMS as my back up gym IEMs, but Im sure I will be using the Samsungs now.  Anyhow, it was just a good find.  I had not planned on using the stock IEMs that came with the Samsung phone believe me, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the comfort and sound. 

Jan 12, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #2 of 9
I located the model number and a better pic.

Samsung EH-60 premium IEM

.................they really are not too shabby for an entry level IEM.  The prices range from $15-$30 on line.  *shrugs*

Jan 12, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
They indeed look like proper iems. Sony has also plenty stock iems that are quite ok.

For the price they are very nice.................better than what I thought they might be.  They sound pretty nice, and have a better than avg. build quality.  They are small, light......and are very comfortable to wear. 

Jan 25, 2012 at 7:42 AM Post #5 of 9
Yes, they should get more attention. I found some samsung IEM with my galaxy tab P1000, and I was surprised that  they are pretty  decent.  Nice amount of bass, enough clarity for being enjoyable .... Lightweight, comfy .... I even get a better seal than with my senn IE7. Yes good title "decent back ups".
I might use them on my bed, as I'm afraid to damage my senn IE7.

Oct 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 9
Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just found a pair of these in my kitchen drawer. I'm assuming somebody left them at my house after a party or something, but I decided to give them some ear time just for kicks. Wow! I was very surprised how good these sound, so I decided to do a little search to see if I wasn't the only one to realize they didn't sound half bad. They are the same ones in the posted picture. I would say they are pretty close to what my HiFiman RE-2 sound like. I ran them through a Fiio E5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back