Decaware MK III Taboo
Dec 22, 2015 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

nprathap

Head-Fier
Hi,

I own a Delaware MK III Taboo.  It has 4 pin balanced XLR output options.  What cable I should be getting for the HD 800 headphone as well as the LCD-2 headphones I own? 

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #2 of 8

Given the level of your equipment, I would suggest that you look at the offerings at Moon Audio and ALO.  I think they have cables for both of those headphones.

Dec 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #3 of 8
  Hi,

I own a Delaware MK III Taboo.  It has 4 pin balanced XLR output options.  What cable I should be getting for the HD 800 headphone as well as the LCD-2 headphones I own? 

I have those 2 headphones also on my Taboo. I'll suggest the Moon Audio Silver Dragon for the LCD2 and a Norne Audio Draug 2 for the HD800.

Dec 25, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #4 of 8

I have those 2 headphones also on my Taboo. I'll suggest the Moon Audio Silver Dragon for the LCD2 and a Norne Audio Draug 2 for the HD800.

I am not sure if MKIII Taboo is a good Amp for HD 800 - coz the power output for 300 Ohm headphone is 1700 mw, where Sennhizer says max for the head phone is 
500 mW as per EN 60-268-7.  I  am confused and I am not an expert so was wondering. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 8
You should check the main Taboo MkIII thread.  There are impressions there from people using HD800s with the TabooII & III.  In short, it is a favorable pairing, though many do prefer it when using the CSP2/3 in conjunction with it.

Dec 26, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 8
  I am not sure if MKIII Taboo is a good Amp for HD 800 - coz the power output for 300 Ohm headphone is 1700 mw, where Sennhizer says max for the head phone is 
500 mW as per EN 60-268-7.  I  am confused and I am not an expert so was wondering. 

Oh believe me it is! I have this set-up for awhile but you need a very good multibit dac like the schiit gungnir multibit or the yggdrasil. I have the old Mofat Theta dac and it pairs really well with the Taboo and the HD800. You just need to do the Anax 2.0 mod on the HD800 and use Sonarworks EQ software to get rid of the 6khz peak and boost the bass a little bit.

Dec 26, 2015 at 11:15 AM Post #7 of 8
  Oh believe me it is! I have this set-up for awhile but you need a very good multibit dac like the schiit gungnir multibit or the yggdrasil. I have the old Mofat Theta dac and it pairs really well with the Taboo and the HD800. You just need to do the Anax 2.0 mod on the HD800 and use Sonarworks EQ software to get rid of the 6khz peak and boost the bass a little bit.

Does it work on Mac the Sonarworks EQ ?  I am thinking of returning the HD 800 and waiting on HD 800 S.  Right now I am using driving LCD-2 (Rev2) with my MKIII Taboo. 

Dec 26, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 8

Does it work on Mac the Sonarworks EQ ?  I am thinking of returning the HD 800 and waiting on HD 800 S.  Right now I am using driving LCD-2 (Rev2) with my MKIII Taboo. 

Sonarworks will work on both Windows and Mac PC's.
Like I said, just do the Anax 2.0 mod. You can remove it later on if you decide to sell the headphones.

Here is a quote from the Seattle meet that we just had a couple of weeks ago:

"The Senn Anax Hd800 with the taboo amp and Multibit dac on Muziqs station was quite impressive and enjoyable for classical music. I think this is the only setup over the he560 I consider a massive step up in the genre (for me). Very engaging while being technical, the Hilary Hahn: Bach Partitas was magical."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back