Death of an X3?
Oct 13, 2014 at 5:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

freakthekid

New Head-Fier
For the past 11 months I've been a proud and happy user of an X3 player (Genuine, checked). It worked flawlessly, I never had any unsolvable issues with it until the day before yesterday. Here are my problems:

● it does not turn on at all (it was charged the day before its failure, checked hold button as well)
● it isn't recognized by any of my computers (neither as storage or as DAC)
● when charging, the only thing lit is the charging status led, not even a blink on the display
● I'm very concerned about my prescious player

Has anyone of you guys had any similar experience or could someone give any suggestions? I mean should I go for the warranty thing, take it apart or maybe the player is somehow frozen and there is a reset/power/whatever key combination that totally flushes the player's memory? Any help will be appreciated.

Oct 13, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #2 of 6
  For the past 11 months I've been a proud and happy user of an X3 player (Genuine, checked). It worked flawlessly, I never had any unsolvable issues with it until the day before yesterday. Here are my problems:

● it does not turn on at all (it was charged the day before its failure, checked hold button as well)
● it isn't recognized by any of my computers (neither as storage or as DAC)
● when charging, the only thing lit is the charging status led, not even a blink on the display
● I'm very concerned about my prescious player

Has anyone of you guys had any similar experience or could someone give any suggestions? I mean should I go for the warranty thing, take it apart or maybe the player is somehow frozen and there is a reset/power/whatever key combination that totally flushes the player's memory? Any help will be appreciated.

Have you tried pushing a pin in the reset hole? Might need to be connected to power while you do this if it was running the battery down invisibly whilst not working. Try both ways (with/with out power) - you have nothing to lose!

Oct 13, 2014 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 6
Thank you, tjw321!

I've actually managed to turn my player on for a few seconds. Afterwards it all went black again. It only works while powered (usb or wall charger) so I guess my battery is gone. Any Fiio employees around to help me out with a solution? Thanks in advance.

Btw. isn't it abnormal to have a dead battery under 100 cycles?

Oct 13, 2014 at 7:00 AM Post #4 of 6
I think for fastest response, it is best to email support@fiio.net .  I've never needed it myself, but I've heard (mostly) good comments about their responsiveness.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back