japan - ghosts
simple minds - dont you forget about me
go west - we close our eyes
b-movie - nowhere girl

Oct 8, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #17 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Rush Limbaugh

That would make me yank out my own tubes.

As for me, Sviatoslav Richter playing Schubert Sonata in A D644. I'm listening to that right now and I've already gone to heaven.

... Or Richter playing just about anything ... or Maureen McGovern singing Gershwin, that would do it.

Oct 8, 2007 at 5:16 AM Post #18 of 34
I'd start out with a few classics.
Gustav Holst - First Suite for Military Band in Eb
Eagles - Hotel California, Love will keep us Alive [Version from Hell Freezes Over for Both]
Eric Whitacre - Equus
Percy Grainger - Lincolnshire Posy, Irish Tune from County Derry
Jean Sibelius - Finlandia
Tchaikovsky - 1812 Overture [If I have a really long time before I die, that is]

But when it was finally time, the choice is really quite simple. I'd go out to Eric Whitacre - October. Truly, I know of no musical work closer to perfection.

Oct 8, 2007 at 6:48 AM Post #19 of 34
Kansas: Dust in the wind

Oct 8, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #21 of 34
slow movements - especially the molto adagio from Op. 132; "Song of Thanksgiving to the Godhead from a Convelescent upon recovering from an Illness, in the Lydian Mode."

Oct 9, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #22 of 34
For my deathbed (or death-moment; I doubt I'll die slowly in a hospital. Rather, I hope to go fast, in a spontaneous ball of fire): The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever. For my funeral, a Hendrix rendition of the funeral march. For my eulogy, in this order, The Beatles - Let It Be, GN'R - Sweet Child O' Mine, The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knockin', Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond (all of it), and The Beatles - Glass Onion. It will be fantastic. Unfortunately, I'll be too dead to hear it.

Oct 9, 2007 at 7:48 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kansas: Dust in the wind

Reading that all I can think of is 'Blue' from the movie Old School.

I picture my death like a movie ending where the camera is slowly spiraling up from a close up overhead shot of me while Ralph Stanley's 'Angel Band' from the "O Brother Where Art Thou?" OST is playing.

Oct 14, 2007 at 5:07 AM Post #27 of 34
If I found I was dying, the last thing I would do would be to listen to music. I would say a few things I had been holding back, do some things I wanted to do, and then try and figure out the meaning of my life.

But, if I had to:
Over the Rainbow/What A Wonderful World- Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
Imagine- John Lennon
Who Wants To Live Forrever- Queen
Then, when I'd actually die, I'd have some piece from a famous opera played. Go out with style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back