Dear Todd
May 22, 2008 at 7:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

TheNew007

Banned
I have ordered the Cardas mini to mini interconnect from TTVJ.com on May 16 and since then I have waited 6 days for you to ship the package. If the package does not ship after May 23, a week from the ordering date, then I request the order to be canceled. This kind of delay is absolutely inexcusable by any standards.

As for any future TTVJ customers, I hope you will consider Todd's business conducts prior to ordering

May 22, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 31
I don't really think this warrants a public outcry just yet. There are many factors that could be delaying the delivery of the product... I'd be tempted to take this up with Todd offline before doing it here. Many people don't realise the effect they can have on someone's reputation by making hasty posts like this!

Anyway, from what I understand, Todd's business conduct is quite admirable and puts many others to shame.

May 22, 2008 at 8:42 AM Post #3 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really think this warrants a public outcry just yet. There are many factors that could be delaying the delivery of the product... I'd be tempted to take this up with Todd offline before doing it here. Many people don't realise the effect they can have on someone's reputation by making hasty posts like this!

Anyway, from what I understand, Todd's business conduct is quite admirable and puts many others to shame.

Agree. 6 days with the weekend in between... You got to count in buisness days.

May 22, 2008 at 10:20 AM Post #5 of 31
You're seem to be impatient. Wanting the product to arrive quickly is normal. But don't allow that feeling to over ride common sense. You not only didn't allow reasonable time for Todd to ship (1 week is not unreasonable), you didn't try to work it out with him first before complaining on a public forum. Shame on you.

If it makes you feel any better I recently did business with TTVJ for the frist time just a couple of months ago. My amp and IEMs arrived within a reasonable amount of time. I always found Todd responded quickly to my questions and as far as I'm concerned, he went above and beyond my expectations.

Take the time to contact him directly. Try to work out any problems with him. IF he doesn't respond or can't work out a reasonable solution, then come back and tell us.

May 22, 2008 at 10:25 AM Post #6 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're seem to be impatient. Wanting the product to arrive quickly is normal. But don't allow that feeling to over ride common sense. You not only didn't allow reasonable time for Todd to ship (1 week is not unreasonable), you didn't try to work it out with him first before complaining on a public forum. Shame on you.

If it makes you feel any better I recently did business with TTVJ for the frist time just a couple of months ago. My amp and IEMs arrived within a reasonable amount of time. I always found Todd responded quickly to my questions and as far as I'm concerned, he went above and beyond my expectations.

Take the time to contact him directly. Try to work out any problems with him. IF he doesn't respond or can't work out a reasonable solution, then come back and tell us.

shame yourself for making your post so personal and not reading my 2nd post.
and if you have ordered any products online other than from ttvj then you should know that a week is alot longer than the average processing time for e-retailers

May 22, 2008 at 11:42 AM Post #7 of 31
One of the problems with the internet is that it fuels actions like this one, instead of a more reasoned approach.

Regardless of your issue with the "unacceptable" processing time, I feel like it's in VERY poor taste to leave a post like this in a paid sponsor forum.

If you want to leave negative feedback, that's one thing. If you want to start a complaining post in the Member's Lounge, that's another. This is IMHO like showing up in someone's brick and mortor store showroom and intentionally making a scene with the intent of scaring off potential customers. That is exactly the tone of your original post.

I've had several dealings with Todd, and I consider him to be a good guy who does right by his customers. I also understand that he's essentially a one-man operation. The fact that he serves a niche not well served by most e-tailers is IMHO sufficient reason to support his business. The fact that he supports this site with his advertising is another reason. If that were to mean that I might occasionally have to wait a bit longer for something (and for the record, in a half-dozen or more purchases, that's not ever been the case), I'm fine with that.

I also know Todd to be a stand up guy. I'm sure there's a good reason for whatever is delaying processing. Perhaps it's not sufficient reason for you, but I suspect that a bit more patience on your part will be rewarded.

May 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 31
I heard through the grape vine that Todd was a human being and might have a life which sometimes affects his ability to perform miracles.

Todd is one of the people on Head-Fi I would trust unconditionally. Not through blind celebrity worship but because of respect earned through years of quality service to Head-Fi and the audio community in general.

Mitch

May 22, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
shame yourself for making your post so personal

I suppose bashing Todd in a public forum isn't personal? I was taught that's what good for the goose is good for the gander.

None the less, Elrod-Tom said it better. That's what I was attempting to convey.

May 22, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #10 of 31
I wonder how long great Head-Fi sponsors like TTVJ will put up with people flying off the handle at what they perceive as bad turnaround time and posting negative feedback in their own Sponsor thread before simply revoking their sponsorship?

May 22, 2008 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 31
To TheNew007,

You had sent me an e-mail and I responded stating we were sick and not able to ship. My shipper is supposed to be here today and all of the orders will be shipping. I shipped some of the orders out but have not been feeling well myself and had some other things I had to attend to.

If your order does not ship today I will cancel it. I must say your tone and such really does not make me want to serve you any further. You are more than welcome to take your business elsewhere.

Your order was for a Cardas mini to mini and you took advantage (which we are more than happy to do) of our $10 first time customer so we actually lose money on your order. Yet, we are still happy to send it to you.

Your trying to destroy my business with you initial post is very disturbing to me and I suspect you are young. I hope when you are ill that others will have more patience with you than you have had with us.

Todd

May 22, 2008 at 4:55 PM Post #12 of 31
Sorry, but I just had to comment here. I had a feeling that something was a mist on Todd's end with either some personal commitments that came up or he may have been sick before he responded just now. I would say to the OP that showing some compassion and understanding goes a long way. It's a shame you made your issue with Todd publicly and in his sponsor forum.

I've dealt with Todd and he's been very responsive and a great guy to boot. He is a smaller operation so I understand things may take some time, but I appreciate what he's done for the hobby as a whole. Todd IMHO is being very gracious in continuing to work with you. He is showing compassion and understanding on his end, which is more than you showed him.

May 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #13 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNew007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As for any future TTVJ customers, I hope you will consider Todd's business conducts prior to ordering

Oh we will, his long documented, outstanding customer service will only encourage me to deal with him again.

I will, however, also consider your conduct as well and act appropriately. As such, welcome to my ignore list.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 22, 2008 at 6:29 PM Post #15 of 31
Dear Todd:

You are being too kind to this ingrate and should cancel his order rather than incur a direct financial loss in addition to the larger one he has attempted to cause by his baseless and idiotic thread in your paid sponsor forum. If he were brand new here -- rather than a two-year veteran of the site -- then I might be willing to cut him more slack for not knowing your sterling reputation or the proper decorum in this community. The fact that you sent him an email explaining that your two-person operation was behind due to illness and that his one-item, discounted order might be delayed and he posted this ANYWAY makes my blood boil! This guy does not deserve the least bit of sympathy or slack.

Dear Rest of the World:

On the merits, I cannot imagine complaining, let alone publicly, about a delay on a website order on the 4th business day after clicking send. It is ridiculous. Compounding that lack of judgment by claiming that "This kind of delay is absolutely inexcusable by any standards" and warning future TTVJ customers "to consider Todd's business conducts prior to ordering" is inexcusable! I have rarely if ever had a better retail/e-tail/whatever-tail experience than I have had with my MANY purchases from Todd and TTVJ. Please disregard the foolish and ill-considered comments of the would-be James Bond. Unlike his apparent hero, this person has no class whatsoever.

Dear TheNew007:

Get a life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back