Dear Grado - Please revive the HF Series
May 12, 2007 at 1:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8
I am a huge Grado HF-1 fan. Out of my SinglePower tube amp, my Headphile woodied and recabled HF-1 is a delight. I have listened to them back to back with an RS-1 and preferred the modified HF-1.

I got a chance to try the new GS-1000 at the International Meet, but was left a little unimpressed. For me, Grado excels at rock, and the GS-1000 is a step away from that and toward, say, classical. Trouble is, there are other cans that sound better for that style of music.

There are definitely things the RS-1 and GS-1000 do better than the HF-1. While I haven't had the listening time to really know, I surmise they are more detailed and refined. I would love it if Grado would start from the HF-1 driver, and build some quality wood cups and cabling to produce a world class headphone with the HF-1's sound signature. Start from the fun sound of the HF-1, and then go about adding microdetail, etc. Perhaps that's what they tried to do with the GS-1000, I don't know.

I could live my whole life with my HHF-1's and be happy as a clam, but I would definitely love to see the HF line turned into a first class product...and released in large quantities, of course.

Anybody else?

May 12, 2007 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt8268 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody else?

The sheer number of threads on this very topic that have been started seems to indicate that there are plenty of people who agree with you.

May 12, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #3 of 8
As much as I agree with you, try running a search next time before posting on this subject; its been covered many times, and Grado has stated that it has no intention of creating another limited addition series such as the HF-1

May 12, 2007 at 7:58 AM Post #4 of 8
My post wasn't asking if they were going to create an upgraded HF model, but was trying to get a thread going to stimulate Grado to make one, and I was specifically hoping that it would NOT be a limited edition (I just want the HF-1 sound signature). I don't see a recent (3 months) post on this topic, and I thought opinions may have changed now that the GS-1000 has been out for a while.

I'm kind of surprised I got smacked down for this post. Perhaps I should have started a happy birthday thread instead.

Grrrr.

May 12, 2007 at 8:51 AM Post #6 of 8
I don't think it'll happen. Much of the allure of HF-1 was that it gave a high-end taste for "just" 200 bucks. If it were released for the mass public, the price would have to rise so it'll fit within the pricing structure of the rest of the Grado lineup. I suppose it'll be priced between the 325i and RS2 at say $400. I'm not sure if there's enough of a demand/interest in HF-1's at that price. Maybe for a few fanatics bidding on ebay, but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back