Deals: inexpensive cases for the iRiver H140 . . .
Jul 9, 2006 at 5:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

scrypt

Head-Fi's Sybil
. . are available here:

(1) White leather cases are go for under $30 at Noreve.com. Here's an excerpt from my invoice:

"1 x Leather case iRiver H140 Tradition - White (4302T2) = $25.67
------------------------------------------------------
Fedex (0.2For : United States): $8.85

Total: $34.51"

and here:

(2) This iSkin deal was discontinued for a time, but it's back until supplies dwindle: $9.99 for one iRiver iSkin, five shades, two clips and a Travel Pouch:

http://www.iskin.com/store/I2shop_irvr1XX.tpl

Enjoy it while it lasts.

[Edit: The iSkin deal is over (shades now cost extra); the Noreve deal still stands.]

Jul 10, 2006 at 2:52 AM Post #2 of 8
are you serious??!! I just ordered my iskin last week for $20
mad.gif
!!! Can I return it?

Jul 10, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 8
I just checked their website. It seems like the deal is over already? The shades are 7.99 separately. Am I missing something?

Jul 10, 2006 at 7:02 AM Post #4 of 8
[solipsism]Yes -- you're missing the twenty-one hours before someone at iSkin checked this thread and raised the price accordingly.[/solipsism]

I've watched the H140 iSkin price fluctuate five times now since the great eBay refurbithon. I tend to think the $9.99-for-everything price continued for at least a year until last May, when someone at iSkin noticed a conspicuous rise in sales.

I'm curious as to why no one has been interested in the Noreve case for $25.67. I don't usually spring for leather, which is neither as protective nor as versatile as silicone, but the Noreves are cheap and slated for extinction. Just as well, since said deal seems to be on the way out: white cases are no longer listed on the Noreve mp3 products page, and must be accessed by clicking on the black H140 case for $42.77. Time will bleat whether or not I receive the white case I ordered.

Worth mentioning, that H120 owners can purchase a Noreve black leather case for $25.67 here.

The only other option is this outro leather case, which is beige (strangely fashionable this summer) and is also on sale, but which seems to take the mp3-players-are-dolls-for-men metaphor to a disturbing new level. I'll pass, but perhaps you won't.

(Vaja cases are priced stratospherically for this legacy player, which makes purchasing one seem ridiculous.)

Fascinating, how swiftly vendors notice the change in an ordering pattern and act on it.

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:21 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
[solipsism]Yes -- you're missing the twenty-one hours before someone at iSkin checked this thread and raised the price accordingly.[/solipsism]

I've watched the H140 iSkin price fluctuate five times now since the great eBay refurbithon. I tend to think the $9.99-for-everything price continued for at least a year until last May, when someone at iSkin noticed a conspicuous rise in sales.

I'm curious as to why no one has been interested in the Noreve case for $25.67. I don't usually spring for leather, which is neither as protective nor as versatile as silicone, but the Noreves are cheap and slated for extinction. Just as well, since said deal seems to be on the way out: white cases are no longer listed on the Noreve mp3 products page, and must be accessed by clicking on the black H140 case for $42.77. Time will bleat whether or not I receive the white case I ordered.

Worth mentioning, that H120 owners can purchase a Noreve black leather case for $25.67 here.

The only other option is this outro leather case, which is beige (strangely fashionable this summer) and is also on sale, but which seems to take the mp3-players-are-dolls-for-men metaphor to a disturbing new level. I'll pass, but perhaps you won't.

(Vaja cases are priced stratospherically for this legacy player, which makes purchasing one seem ridiculous.)

Fascinating, how swiftly vendors notice the change in an ordering pattern and act on it.

I ordered this case a few weeks ago, around the time you pointed it out (thank you). I am still waiting, as I expected to, given that their communiques telegraphed an overseas location. What I don't get is their sale of H120 and H140 cases as separate items, as my understanding is that the two DAPs have identical form factors.

EDIT: struck a "this" for clarity

Jul 27, 2006 at 9:33 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
I ordered this case a few weeks ago, around the time you pointed it out (thank you). I am still waiting, as I expected to, given that their communiques telegraphed an overseas location.

When you say "this case," do you mean the Noreve or the Outro? I myself have the Noreve, which is superior to the iRiver leather case in many ways (easier to remove; lustier; more orifices for reset/external device fondling glee). I still use iSkins most often, but the Noreve is a suave alterna-tauve.

I should mention, however, that its delivery was timely and took no more than a week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
What I don't get is their sale of H120 and H140 cases as separate items, as my understanding is that the two DAPs have identical form factors.

Actually, Bob Doublequaver, the H120 is thinner than the H140. Here are the dimensions:

H120: 105×60×19 mm.
H140: 105×60×22 mm.

For maximum entertainment value, balance the players on your palms while cocking an eyebrow suggestively. Lower and raise players and brow periodically, depending on your mood and shoe size.

Jul 27, 2006 at 8:13 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

When you say "this case," do you mean the Noreve or the Outro?

I ordered the Noreve, then received an email warning me of a possible delay and stating the reason for the anticipated delay: Each item is produced only when ordered.
Quote:

Actually, Bob Doublequaver, the H120 is thinner than the H140. Here are the dimensions:

Interesting--thank you.

Quote:

For maximum entertainment value, balance the players on your palms while cocking an eyebrow suggestively. Lower and raise players and brow periodically, depending on your mood and shoe size.

I am laughing! Thank you.

Jul 27, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

When you say "this case," do you mean the Noreve or the Outro? I myself have the Noreve, which is superior to the iRiver leather case in many ways (easier to remove; lustier; more orifices for reset/external device fondling glee). I still use iSkins most often, but the Noreve is a suave alterna-tauve.

I should mention, however, that its delivery was timely and took no more than a week.

Hi Scrypt, I just re-read this post, this time aloud and in the character voice of Stewie Griffin of "Family Guy". I cracked myself up.

I have taken the time to go back and read some of your posts, and I would gladly pay for the privilege.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back