dealing with paypal duplicate charge
Aug 12, 2020 at 3:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

kodreaming

500+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

A few months back, I made a payment to someone for a purchase (I did use the regular payment with fee, not f&f), but I quickly changed my mind. The seller refund my payment promptly However recently I was reviewing my bank transaction and realized that I made two payments at that point and the seller only refund one of them.

I have contacted the seller via PM and email and unfortunately never heard back after 3 weeks wait. I opened a case with PayPal, but I don't have any way to contact support and the system just says it is being reviewed with no detail or update.

Anyone have experience dealing with something like this? It was a 2k+ transaction, so obviously would like to get it back...

Aug 21, 2020 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 2
Just document for the sake of others if you ever get stuck in a situation like this...

Well, one thing I learned in this case is, instead of filing dispute under Duplicate Payment, I should have filed this simply under not receiving item. This seems to be too complicated for PayPal support to comprehend...Now my case is closed and trying to get through PayPal support via FB... (Ya, there is no phone support for PayPal dispute due to Covid...)

Another lesson learned is, always ask seller for a phone number when making high value transaction, don't just trust the feedbacks...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back