dealing with painfully low production values?
Feb 23, 2013 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darwinvsjesus

Head-Fier
So, let's say you want to listen to reek of putrefaction, but it sounds unbearably awful because they let farm animals mix the recording?  I know there must be some way to improve the sound, reduce the distorted bass and other weird crackling noises. I've tried fiddling with the EQ manually, and I must be doing it wrong, because i'm not getting anywhere.

Feb 23, 2013 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 6
Reek is fine as it is.  It's a raw gore grind masterpiece.  Whether the band was happy with it or not is of no consequence, once they released it to the world, it is forever that album.  It's akin to saying, "Man I wish the Mona Lisa was a little more tan and had different colored eyes."  Sure you can change those things, but then you lose the original presentation.

If Reek didn't sound so blown out, muddy and sloppy, then, to me, it just wouldn't be as amazing as it is.

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
I'm just worried about it damaging my headphones. I;;m guessing it wont. And you're right, it's a ******* masterpiece. Best metal album ever because of its influence.

If it was destroying headphones you would have definitely heard about it by now.  Don't know if I'd call it the best ever, but it's definitely up there.

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 6
Carcass - Reek Of Putrefaction

Users who are viewing this thread

Back