Dealers and discounts
Sep 15, 2002 at 10:28 PM Post #91 of 107
Quote:

Originally posted by williamgoody You were looking for a loophole in a store's system which wasn't there. There's no store "policy" which dictates what they will do with returned product, nor a consumer's option to purchase or repurchase a returned item. However each store has a system in reference to how they deal with returned items.
Why don't you look up "scam" while you're at it.
rolleyes.gif
[/B]

riiight... well, the purpose of my initial post was to ask an audio dealer if the "loophole" existed... so, am i missing something, or are you just reverting back to the point you made before your clear-cut misinterpretation of the word "policy" ???(which, ironically enough, occurred as you "corrected" my "misuse" of the word)

oh, and i did look up "scam"... back when the whole heated flamewar on this issue was happening. i think whether or not my ploy is to be considered a "scam" is the essence of what this debate has evolved into... and we all have our own opinion there.

i'm gonna go study now, you take the next shift here *tags williamgoody* ... we've got to have this damn dead horse beat to a bloody pulp before midnight.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2002 at 11:06 PM Post #93 of 107
well guys, you've had me thinking long and hard about this matter... so i decided to IM the Lord. here are the conclusive, undebatable results to our dispute... i'm not sure, but i believe He hath forsaken me.

isotope240 (6:55:20 PM): so what do you think about the plan i proposed on head-fi's dealers and discounts thread?
God (6:55:24 PM): you will die.
isotope240 (6:55:37 PM): what? was it that big of a deal?
God (6:55:58 PM): you will die.

Sep 16, 2002 at 2:23 AM Post #97 of 107
In my opinion, DanG and isotope were trying to accomplish VERY different things. DanG was just trying to haggle. Just like anyone would at a car dealer. Isotope, on the other hand, in my opinion, was immorally trying to bring the price down. Was his method illegal? I'm not sure. But I'm sure many would agree: it wasn't right.

Sep 16, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #98 of 107
I've been watching this thread for a long time. Those of you who think that isotope240 is being unethical or cheating the system are a little late in your assesments. Don't you realize that his idea is what America is all about? At least nowadays it is.
We have allowed laws to be made to cover every angle of everything, by making the wrong choices illegal, we have made a society where if it's not illegal it must be okay. It's our own fault. You are looking at a product of our own doing. Right and wrong are now defined as legal and illegal. See what happens when you let the government get to big and all incompassing?

I say to isotope240, "If you don't have a problem with it and the store doesn't have a problem with it, you should go forward. And good luck on getting there in time to re-buy the player before someone else picks it up."
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2002 at 5:35 AM Post #99 of 107
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
In my opinion, DanG and isotope were trying to accomplish VERY different things. DanG was just trying to haggle. Just like anyone would at a car dealer. Isotope, on the other hand, in my opinion, was immorally trying to bring the price down.

andrzejpw,
i'm not sure if you've been keeping up with the thread... maybe you were just skimming it, but i'll say again: just like DanG, i was trying to save money. we were going about it in VERY different ways, but our goal was the same... maybe that's what you meant.. either way, if your goal was to revive rampant public criticism of my morals, i would appreciate it if you'd stop.. i think we've already had enough of that, and i believe it is against head-fi's rules of posting to engage in a personal attack of that sort (not saying that you're intending to spark one, but maybe checking out some of grinch's earlier remarks will give you an idea of what i'm worried about.) thanks.

Sep 16, 2002 at 6:17 AM Post #100 of 107
Quote:

Originally posted by isotope240
....i believe it is against head-fi's rules of posting to engage in a personal attack of that sort. thanks.

[size=xx-small] Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
....Isotope, on the other hand, in my opinion, was immorally trying to bring the price down. Was his method illegal? I'm not sure. But I'm sure many would agree: it wasn't right.

[/size]

I would not interpret a comment like this -- stated clearly as opinion, and not in a manner that's insulting -- as being in violation of the rules.

If he had said, "You're a criminal!" without stating any laws you were breaking, that would be something I'd consider a violation of the rules.

Sep 16, 2002 at 7:49 AM Post #101 of 107
Quote:

Originally posted by Mr.PD
See what happens when you let the government get to big and all incompassing?

Wow, I've never seen any one stretch so far in my life to link things together.

My suggestion...listen to Rush and G. Gordon Liddy less. I think you will be happier.

Sep 16, 2002 at 8:43 AM Post #102 of 107
Isotope, for someone who's supposedly not guilty of wanting to do something which could be interpreted as wrong, you sure are defensive about it.

Mr Phd, I absolutely hear what your saying. But just because it may be this way in America doesn't mean it can't change. (rediculously optimistic I know
biggrin.gif
)

One more thing isotope, you're seem interested in putting this matter to rest, yet only it seems if you get the last word.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2002 at 7:33 PM Post #104 of 107
Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Wow, I've never seen any one stretch so far in my life to link things together.

My suggestion...listen to Rush and G. Gordon Liddy less. I think you will be happier.

I haven't heard Rush in years and I have never heard Liddy. The part you quoted is not as clear as I should have made it. While I do think the fed gvt is way too big, I was actually just referring to the plethora of laws that seem to cover every aspect of our lives. The government too big = the book of laws is too big. All encompassing = everything we do is covered by a law.

I could go on................................but I won't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back