DEAL: Xears TD100 II
Dec 11, 2010 at 10:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

djevoultion

100+ Head-Fier
Hey head-fi, Xears are having a christmas sale on the TD100, 20 eur + delivery.  A steal at that price, I already bought a pair

Here is the ebay link http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Xears-Turbo-Devices-TD100-II-Highend-Ear-Kopfhorer-/300502047431?pt=MP3_Player_Zubeh%C3%B6r&hash=item45f7515ac7

For a review of the headphones > http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-121-iems-compared-hifiman-re262-added-11-25

Dec 12, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 31

Quote:
Hey not sure, first time I've ordered from Germany. I'm assuming it would take around 2 weeks.

Around 1.5 weeks to Canada (1 week to get there, couple of days to be delivered to your door).  I assume it's similar to the US.  Though it is holiday season, so postal services are somewhat swamped.

Quote:
So how good are they? Is it a good IEM for metal, or fast music in general?

Well, they're my best earphones, so I haven't heard anything faster, but they seem to keep up pretty well.  Bass may be a bit too strong for some metal tracks (the bass doesn't bleed into the mid frequencies, but it has a lot of authority).

They appear to keep up well with Versailles' Silent Knight live performance, which has insanely fast guitar work.  They keep up as well as speakers as far as I can tell.

I lent them to one of my friends who likes metal for a few minutes on some fast metal track, and he said they kept up well.

In short, I have no complaints, but you may want to eq the bass down a couple of dB.

Dec 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #7 of 31
Tempting, but I think I'll pass. I definitely don't need to add yet another pair of IEMs to my already huge collection. :p

Dec 12, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 31

Quote:
Tempting, but I think I'll pass. I definitely don't need to add yet another pair of IEMs to my alrea dy huge collection. :p

Awww, that's too bad, I really enjoyed the IEM reviews on your site; after all, it's your Kanen KM92 review that convinced me to try them, and got me to go down the path of the IEM 
etysmile.gif

Then again, I'm wondering once in a while why I have so many earphones in my drawer right now...

Dec 14, 2010 at 11:45 AM Post #9 of 31

Quote:

Quote:
Tempting, but I think I'll pass. I definitely don't need to add yet another pair of IEMs to my alrea dy huge collection. :p

Awww, that's too bad, I really enjoyed the IEM reviews on your site; after all, it's your Kanen KM92 review that convinced me to try them, and got me to go down the path of the IEM 
etysmile.gif

Then again, I'm wondering once in a while why I have so many earphones in my drawer right now...

Well, trust me, I'd love to try them out and I sent an e-mail to the folks at Xears about potentially reviewing some of their products but didn't receive a response. Right now, I'm sort of bogged down with reviews and the pile of work that's been heaped on me (end of the fall semester) so I just don't have much time to review them right now.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 16, 2010 at 9:52 AM Post #11 of 31

Quote:
I ordered these but keep getting messages in German, I hope everything is Ok with my order. 

Run them through google translated, it's probably just telling you it's shipped.

If the last one you got says

"Wir haben Ihre Zahlung erhalten und ihre Bestellung in den Versand gegeben."

right after Guten Tag, it means it was shipped.

If you want to get the tracking number, try using the live chat when he's online and ask him for a tracking number for the order number specified in the e-mails (the number following 

[size=medium]Bestell-NR:[/size]

in the subject line)

I'd say all that German that's the only annoying part when getting those headphones; otherwise they ship really quick.  I get this feeling he didn't expect that many international sales or something.  In Germany, with free shipping, those earphones are ridiculously inexpensive; too bad shipping is sometimes nearly as much as the earphone itself...

I have an order with them coming in (holiday gifts for my folks), but it's been a bit longer than usual, took 9 working days; I'll get it today though as tracking says it's out for delivery. Probably because he shipped them on a Friday.  So basically, expect it in about two weeks from the shipping e-mail.  Then again Canada Post is sometimes a bit slow (it's been in Canada for 4 days now, and it's not as if Mississauga is really that far from Montreal... oh well).

Dec 16, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #12 of 31

Quote:
Quote:
I ordered these but keep getting messages in German, I hope everything is Ok with my order. 

Run them through google translated, it's probably just telling you it's shipped.

If the last one you got says

"Wir haben Ihre Zahlung erhalten und ihre Bestellung in den Versand gegeben."

right after Guten Tag, it means it was shipped.

If you want to get the tracking number, try using the live chat when he's online and ask him for a tracking number for the order number specified in the e-mails (the number following 

[size=medium]Bestell-NR:[/size]

in the subject line)

I'd say all that German that's the only annoying part when getting those headphones; otherwise they ship really quick.  I get this feeling he didn't expect that many international sales or something.  In Germany, with free shipping, those earphones are ridiculously inexpensive; too bad shipping is sometimes nearly as much as the earphone itself...

I have an order with them coming in (holiday gifts for my folks), but it's been a bit longer than usual, took 9 working days; I'll get it today though as tracking says it's out for delivery. Probably because he shipped them on a Friday.  So basically, expect it in about two weeks from the shipping e-mail.  Then again Canada Post is sometimes a bit slow (it's been in Canada for 4 days now, and it's not as if Mississauga is really that far from Montreal... oh well).

Do you guys speak German? I'm sure I will get these, but I wish I knew some German! This is a good deal non-the-less! Update: I took your advice and used Google translate, it said my item shipped! Thanks for the tips, I was worried for a second!

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #13 of 31

Quote:
Do you guys speak German? I'm sure I will get these, but I wish I knew some German! This is a good deal non-the-less! Update: I took your advice and used Google translate, it said my item shipped! Thanks for the tips, I was worried for a second!

Glad I could help in any way 
etysmile.gif

I hope you'll like them.  I know I enjoy those tremendously.

Dec 17, 2010 at 10:32 AM Post #15 of 31

Quote:
it`s there any difference between the Xears TD100pro and TD100 II Titan?

See this post from esanthosh, who has both: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-125-iems-compared-sony-xb40ex-ex85-added-12-08/1515#post_7126507 .

Also, the outwardly obvious differences: TD100 has a J-cord, crappier tips (or at least it used to), maybe a crappier cord, maybe more driver flex and a different color.

Though if you have the TD100 with better tips and don't mind the j-cord, it's not necessarily worth it to upgrade "just because", unless you want a backup pair or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back