Deal on an Azure 540V
Jan 29, 2007 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

luidge

1000+ Head-Fier
My local pawn shop got a clean looking Cambridge Azure 540V, but they say that the receiver don't work, so as it is now it would be only as a transport. But for 180 CAD i think it might be a good price. If i can repair it, that would be even better. What do you think about it? Would you buy it or is it a bad deal?

Jan 30, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #2 of 7
Someone got an opinion on this deal?
Should i be happier with a cheaper DVD player like Toshiba 3980 or Sony SCD-595?
I am gonna use it with my Zhaolu and PIMETA and T-Amp...or without the T-amp if i get to repair the amp part of the 540V...if i buy it.
Anyway, would you personnaly buy it? (any of you head-fier that read this)

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 7
It maybe a good deal if you can get it fixed, but my concern is if the rest of it fails or you end up paying for a half working device.

To be honest if they were asking half the price, I would say yes. But I am not so sure for $180, seems a little much for something that only half works. I would also be concerned if it is not working due to a broken or cracked circuit board which maybe costly to replace.

If you can ask if you can test it in the shop and maybe e-mail Cambridge audio with the symptoms, then they can maybe tell you how much it is to fix.

Maybe I am not the right person to ask as I used to live in the UK, so I know how cheap used Cambridge audio stuff sells for back in Britian.

But at the end of the day it is your risk and if you want a transport to play with it maybe then an option

Jan 30, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 7
Yeah Colonel i don't forget your CDP neither, it's only that i tought i was in front of a great deal. Ill dig some more and see if it is an easy problem to get by.

Jan 30, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #6 of 7
I decided to buy the Cambridge Unit. The CD/DVD player pluged into my Zhaolu and PIMETA give me a taste of heaven! It is ridiculously well balanced and sound realy good. The amplification part is indeed problematic, it is working but got an annoying shaking sound in the background but it is working. So my next step is to try and find some info over the net to repair this, i know for sure that Cambridge won't take my unit for a repair since i don't have the original receipt or anything, but if i can find some info ill try to repair it myself. Sorry Colonelkernel8 i won't buy your sony but i am sure someone will as it was a good deal.

Jan 31, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #7 of 7
I am glad to hear that the player is working well as a transport.
icon10.gif

Good luck with getting the amp section fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back